• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

addyfreek

I have 1gb DDR2 Ram 667mhz.
I have currently purchased 2gb DDR2 Ram with 800mhz.
After inserting 2gb ddr2 ram my computer is not working just blank screen and cmos setup also not working.
So how do i overclock my 1gb DDR2 Ram to work with 2gb DDR2 Ram.

My system Specifications are given is link below:-
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2411943

Attachments

• SFIT-09EF777134.txt
    57.3 KB · Views: 26
This is probably a question that would have been better asked in the "memory" forum section. They deal with memory questions far more than this Cpu forum section does. It is generally not suggested to mix ram brands and most often it is suggested to never mix ram speeds.

1. Not much DDR667 ram would run at DDR800 speeds. Generally never without a voltage increase.

2. You need to remove the 1 gig stick and see if the DDR800 stick will run when placed in the slot where the DDR667 was used. If it will not work then seems the DDR800 maybe bad.

3. It is always recommended to clear the CmOs after changing some hardware component like ram in order to have the bios take a hard look at the newer hardware.

Back