• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Reinstalling Windows won't affect the double posting. Is that the only problem you are still having?

Bumping up the SOC voltage (to give a little more juice to the integrated memory controller) and the RAM voltage may help with the posting problem, however.

Yeah this is the only problem I have
I've already increased the RAM voltage to 1.35 and also try with the SOC voltage now
Thanks!!

EDIT: There's no option named SoC Voltage in my BIOS settings (Gigabyte B360M and bios updated to latest version F13)

Last edited:
Ring PLL Overvoltage. "Ring" is an older term describing components in the chip architecture other than the cores. The term "uncore" was also formerly used. It would include cache and memory controller. I think you are safe in going up to 1.3v from what I have read.

Last edited:
It's an offset voltage so you're going to be adding to the base/stock voltage. I would suggest using HWinfo64 to see what your current SOC voltage is and then add accordingly. It's in mV so 15 is 0.015V, aim for 1.2 V as a start. This way you'll also know if you're changing the correct voltage.

Thanks!
Will try that
Also AC/DC load line and LL calibration are on auto
Should I leave them as is or set them to extreme and high respectively?
I've tried changing them in past with no visible difference so I wanna know your views on these settings, if anyone can share their experience, i'll be very thankful!

Last edited:
LL (load line) calibration is to help maintain a steady voltage under load. I wouldn't change them just yet, it won't help with your RAM issue.

EDIT: There's no option named SoC Voltage in my BIOS settings (Gigabyte B360M and bios updated to latest version F13)

That's because AMD uses SOC voltage for the memory controller.

For Intel, you want to setVccio and Vccsa set to 1.250 each. Shouldn't need much more.
You can safely run the memory voltage higher than 1.35v if the system seems to be unstable.
Up to 1.45v without direct fan is ok. 1.50v is pushing it, don't want them running too warm if possible.
Since I'm not familiar with Gigabyte bios, SA Pll and IO Pll if options for these voltages available.

I do know on Asus boards, it's pretty normal for multiple restarts, but this usually happens from very high memory frequencies with tightened timings. So basically, not stable in some way or another.

Hope this helps!

For Intel, you want to setVccio and Vccsa set to 1.250 each. Shouldn't need much more.
You can safely run the memory voltage higher than 1.35v if the system seems to be unstable.
Up to 1.45v without direct fan is ok. 1.50v is pushing it, don't want them running too warm if possible.
Since I'm not familiar with Gigabyte bios, SA Pll and IO Pll if options for these voltages available.

I do know on Asus boards, it's pretty normal for multiple restarts, but this usually happens from very high memory frequencies with tightened timings. So basically, not stable in some way or another.

Hope this helps!

Nice catch S_B all this talk of SOC never thought to check they're running an Intel board

SA/VccIO, can help here... but these specs are barely above JEDEC for the platform. 1.25V is a lot for the clocks. Whatever is auto... 0.9 or 1.0(?) just add 0.1V to System Agent and 0.05V to RAM (see post 3) see if that helps.... b

Hope this helps!

My bad. I got this thread confused with another one started by a Ryzen user. I should have gone back and reviewed the beginning of it. S3KT10N, please create a Signature containing your system components.

Hope this helps!

Thanks and sorry for late response!
As you said and I also googled about it and found that VCCSA and VCCIO are indeed the values to alter but as I previously said and you can see above in the pics that there's no option like that but there is SA PLL Overvoltage and nothing related IO
so i've set SA to 120 (range 15 to 945)
and still HWInfo shows SA Offset 0

Untitled.png

So which options exactly should I change and to What value?
from these :

View attachment 200314201331.BMP

Thanks!!!

My bad. I got this thread confused with another one started by a Ryzen user. I should have gone back and reviewed the beginning of it. S3KT10N, please create a Signature containing your system components.

I did

Can you post an image of the hardware monitoring page on your system? I don't believe it is the PLL voltages you need to adjust, but do not have a Giga board to check...

The SA and VccIO voltages should be in that 0.9-1.0V range (give or take 0.1V). This will also show what they call it too.

Although the higher voltage shrimpbrime mentioned is safe, I'd bump it up by a little first... (again see post #3 that mentions SA/IO voltages before the SOC talk. :)

Last edited:
There we go!

Maybe it's because it is a budget b360 board the vccio option isnt there. So now we see it is set at 1.1 (guessing 1.1 and some voltage drop). You can see if that pll setting is it by raising the voltage there, saving it, rebooting, and seeing if that 1.08 value changes.

This shouldnt help considering the low speeds, but it's free!

So I've tried changing SA PLL Overvoltage from 15 to all the way up to 945 and also other values beside it but VCCSA doesn't even flick, It's stuck on 1.080V

Back