• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram Timings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anonizer

Registered
I overclocked my ram a little bit by running it on 826 mhz it's default clocks were 2t-9-9-9-24-41 managed to set it to 1t-9-9-9-21-32 at still 1.5v ran prime95 for 4 hours returned with no errors. Should I try to set it lower or just leave it where I finished? I'm using an AMD A6 3500 overclocked to 3ghz and noticed a 3~5 fps increase by lowering it. Will I get noticeable gains when lowering it further more? also one time after I rebooted a message popped up that is saying "boot failures due to overclocking" then reverted my changes to default, after that I changed it back to my overclock setting, then turned off CnQ, C-State Pmin, and Hardware Thermal Control then it booted up nicely. Is it safe to disable that options? Thanks.

What test in prime did you run? Blend I assume?

You wont see any gains really unless you are using the integrated gpu.

Custom, set memory usage to 4.3ish gb.
Yes I'm using the integrated gpu. Managed to lower it down to 1t-8-9-8-21-32 then going to 1.65v. Will it be safe? Also should I turn on CnQ or C-state? Which is better? Because after long hours of gaming I surf the net a little bit.

Back