• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random Crash's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chackonman

Hey, last night when one of my friends moved my power board it disconnected my computer so it shut down due to no power, then ever since then every time i start it up it would randomly instantly turn off during any period of 5 to a couple of hours, i have burned memtest onto a CD and run memtest at the bios level.

Memtest would run for a while and result in 0 errors, but randomly every so often during the test there would be a very very long continuous beep while still no memtest errors (also sometimes there would be a long beep on post followed by the normal posting beep) - i have swapped out graphics cards and ram (still testing separate ram pieces), should i try testing with another power supply?

The hardware is old gigabyte AMD motherboard DDR2 800mhz (kingston 2GB stick and 2 1GB Corsair Dominators) - AMD phenom 965 black - and 9800GT and 9600 GT graphics cards that i been swapping out to test with.

Last edited:
problem fixed, the power outage caused something to go wrong in the BIOS so a reset fixed that.

Back