• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

random restarts...b4 it even gets into any OS...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadSkillzMan

im startin to pullout my hair over this guys..ive had to replace the PSu in the past month....ive noticed, when i take apart my comp, it WONT boot for the life of it...if i just swap some drive cables or something...thats why i use 2PSU's (and to lighten the load) ...so...awhile ago, my 15Gig HDD died...swaped it out..comp wouldnt boot...played w. the pigtail, even tho the lan lite lit up...finally got it..ok no probs...next day, boot..gets to load XP, shuts off ....wait a fewmins, try again..boots right up....no problems

Today i get a 20gig to slap in there...boots up fine...reinstall windows, shuts off at the enter CD key screen...ok whatever, so it turns on, then off, then on, then off...so i just press the power button, it goes off...

ok..next attempt..goes in fine...reboot..start a SuSE FTP install...goes for a good 3 hours..then, reboots..but the fans didnt even shut off this time....so i check my temps...solid 43 and 45C...cpu cores at a 1.75V....all the rails looked dacceptable...it wasnt a power failure, cuz im on my mac now..and it doesnt like ANYTHING ...

Im stumped as to if its my reset, or my power switch...is there like a stability test i can do for those? i know thatsa dumb question...but ne way i can see if its just making random contact or somehting?

thanks in advance guys....this is SO AGGERVATING

sadly its lookin this way...last nite it behaved fine...today, theyre comming constantly..i dont know what to do...i swapped PSU's, switches, etc...im just typing a composition on the family comp before i go back and battle it

Back