• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rate My Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Funny how benny stick to his celeron and dont like intel thing but his picture is and core intel I7.

:p

haha I know, everyone has told me that. Also, the computer was given to me, and it's not like I can put an AMD processor in an intel socket :p

Honestly, if I was you, I would see, from gateway, which is the fastest CPU you can drop in there. It may be a P4 as now that I am looking at your signature, a celeron is usually a step down. I dont know such old equipement anymore. Its best to check with gateway and the CPU compatability for that unit. People here dont deal with store bought desktops a lot. ;)

EarthDog, I looked on Gateway's website. It says that the E2100's come standard with an Intel Pentium 4 clocked @ 2.8gHz. So I think I will buy a Pentium 4 for him and get it clocked @ 2.8gHz.

That why its funny he got and intel and he got an intel picture and still say that he doesnt like intel. I know that celeron is intel -_- ...

My mistake i misunderstood you, im not sure beny knows what he likes when it comes to cpus, hes living in the past

My mistake i misunderstood you, im not sure beny knows what he likes when it comes to cpus, hes living in the past

Lol thats alright ! But its still funny :p . Yeah but he plan to build a new PC maybe we can get him to build something good =)

But Benny in your defence you give a pc for free to your friend because he didnt have one still a nice move !

I actually prefer older hardware. If you read my post a little while back, you will read that I DO NOT like new hardware. To me, it's too new, could have bugs in it, too problematic, and in some cases, too expensive. It's always how I've seen computers. Think back to the late 80's. When people were buying the Intel i586, I would be the one buying the Intel i386. Lol, I've always been like that. Also, with new hardware, there's very little reviews out there. I'd prefer to buy hardware that has a lot of reviews from a lot of different people with a lot of different uses. :thup:

Lol thats alright ! But its still funny :p . Yeah but he plan to build a new PC maybe we can get him to build something good =)

But Benny in your defence you give a pc for free to your friend because he didnt have one still a nice move !

In your last paragraph, I really appreciate that. I'm being nice to the guy because he doesn't make enough money to go out and buy a new computer. I felt obligated to help him

You will want to remove that external link out of your signature... thats not allowed here sadly. ;)

I actually prefer older hardware. If you read my post a little while back, you will read that I DO NOT like new hardware. To me, it's too new, could have bugs in it, too problematic, and in some cases, too expensive. It's always how I've seen computers. Think back to the late 80's. When people were buying the Intel i586, I would be the one buying the Intel i386. Lol, I've always been like that. Also, with new hardware, there's very little reviews out there. I'd prefer to buy hardware that has a lot of reviews from a lot of different people with a lot of different uses. :thup:
Whats funny is this really isnt true. When new hardware comes out, there are reviews ALL over the place! And outside of this sata issue with the new release, which was blown WAY out of proportion by most, I cant think of ANYTHING major happening since I really got in to this in 2003.

So, to me, your thoughts, outside of cost, are not based in truth but your subjective opinion. :shrug:

I don't know about the rest of you but I can think of a LOT of reasons not to go celeron or P4.

Hey benny, I have 2 2.8 P4s (I think 520s) In my shop that work great I'd be willing to donate to your cause. 84 watts on one core.

Last edited:

haha you know why people buy new hardware ? To resolve the problem they were having with theyre old ? It make no sense to say that the older hardware was more stable ... It was ABSOLUTLY not haha since I remember having to shut down my pc everytime because it was froze or even when you put the the cpu cooler not perfectly the cpu burn hahaha old stuff have problem that new stuff doesnt have thats why they upgrade it !!!

I actually prefer older hardware. If you read my post a little while back, you will read that I DO NOT like new hardware. To me, it's too new, could have bugs in it, too problematic, and in some cases, too expensive. It's always how I've seen computers. Think back to the late 80's. When people were buying the Intel i586, I would be the one buying the Intel i386. Lol, I've always been like that. Also, with new hardware, there's very little reviews out there. I'd prefer to buy hardware that has a lot of reviews from a lot of different people with a lot of different
uses. :thup:
Are you kidding me right now? I hope yore not serious, what you said sometimes applies to few month old hardware like sandy bridge boards had faults but it was fixed within few months, you can't use that as excuse to use 10yr old hardware

I don't know about the rest of you but I can think of a LOT of reasons not to go celeron or P4.

Hey benny, I have 2 2.8 P4s (I think 520s) In my shop that work great I'd be willing to donate to your cause. 84 watts on one core.

If you want to, that's completely up to you. I'd appreciate it.

You will want to remove that external link out of your signature... thats not allowed here sadly. ;)

Whats funny is this really isnt true. When new hardware comes out, there are reviews ALL over the place! And outside of this sata issue with the new release, which was blown WAY out of proportion by most, I cant think of ANYTHING major happening since I really got in to this in 2003.

So, to me, your thoughts, outside of cost, are not based in truth but your subjective opinion. :shrug:

Your right to. It's my opinion.:bday: I've looked into some better hardware though :D

Mobo: ASUS M4A88T-V
HDD: WD CaviarBlue 250GB
CPU: AMD Athlon II X2
RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2GB DDR3 (Might Upgrade)
DVD: LITE-ON SATA Blu Ray Reader / Burner
PSU: Logisys PS600A
Monitor: ViewSonic 19"
Case: Thermaltake Damier V5000 (Donated by a friend)

Last edited:
So what is your REAL budget so we can help you out here instead of wasting more time in this thread not getting anywhere? In your first post, you state $1000. I showed you an option for under $600 and that was too much.

What you listed above is still far outdated and I wouldnt touch that PSU with a 10ft pole.

I'd say that either benny is trolling... or he is on the wrong forum.

Seriously, if you prefer older, slower, weaker hardware; for whatever reasons... you shouldn't be here.

he should signup at ancientpchardware.com :rofl: maybe he would find more people who share his opinions there

So what is your REAL budget so we can help you out here instead of wasting more time in this thread not getting anywhere? In your first post, you state $1000. I showed you an option for under $600 and that was too much.

What you listed above is still far outdated and I wouldnt touch that PSU with a 10ft pole.

lol alright then. So which system is honestly better though? #1 or #2? And if you wouldnt touch the PSU with a 10ft pole, what would you recommend?

Back