• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rate My Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lol this thread is killer!! I can't imagine even talking about little ancient p4 in the corner that runs light distro of crunchbase smoothly* Which pretty sure the board in it does not support even a dual core or ddr ram.

And if you wouldnt touch the PSU with a 10ft pole, what would you recommend?

Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, better yet, you can just have a look at the list of Recommended PSU's in the power supply section. You will thank us for it when your PSU is a few years old and still hasn't let the magic smoke out of any of your hardware.

Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, better yet, you can just have a look at the list of Recommended PSU's in the power supply section. You will thank us for it when your PSU is a few years old and still hasn't let the magic smoke out of any of your hardware.

Alright, Thanks! I'll check that out

To everyone who's been so "patient" with this forum:
I appreciate all the help that you all have given me. I know I'm not really with it with new technology, because I don't work around that everyday. I work around old stuff. It's what is around my area. If I study the latest technology, it wouldn't benefit me at all. I work with old technology. I think the newest kind of technology I've seen is an Intel Core 2 Quad, lol. Seriously though, a mobo with ATI HD 4250 graphics built in is the best I've ever seen. Also, It's not the oldest type of hardware I've dealt with. I've built machines for people with the Cyrix MII and 64 mb of SDIMM memory. I've built a lot older systems, so the one(s) I listed were some of the newest system's I've built. Again, thanks for all your patience guys!

--
Benny

As to the first page of posts than i'm giving 3 grand computers to about 5 people. Well 3.5 with the gpu and ram and everything. Do i make tons of money? No. I've just been saving up for years to give everyone something nice.

Are you going to build a new system for your self and give him the old.:sly::escape:

yeah. call me an *** but idc. It's free and I'm paying for shipping. He could never put together a computer, otherwise I'd buy him the parts and ship them to his house. :D

The e-series is a micro atx, so it will fit in one of those flat rate boxes from the USPS and it's under 70 lbs so I won't get charged extra. I think it's a win-win. Im even going to upgrade the processor to a Pentium IV and oc it to operate at 3 gHz. It operates at 2.9, so it shouldn't be too fatal to oc it. :eh?:

Hey guys. "Mr. Ancient" back again. I'm really close to buying parts. These are the final components. It's a relatively cheap build. Im proud of myself :p

Motherboard: M4A88T-V EVO/USB3
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 6 Gb/s.
Processor: AMD Athlon II X3... Maybe X4.
Optical Drive: ASUS DVD-Writer Black SATA Model DRW-24B3LT/BLK/G/AS
Memory: 2 Crucial Ballistix Sport 1GB 240-Pin DDR3 1600
Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts 500W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified

The only thing I'm debating is the 4 core Athlon. I found one on Newegg for the same price as the 3 core Athlon, the only thing is, the 4 core is OEM, And Im over my refined budget (Again) of 350, with some cables in that price range also. I found an old AMD Athlon 64 Stock Cooler from an old Gateway build. Will that stock cooler be compatible? If not, my friend has a Core 2 Duo Stock Cooler that is still in it's box. Will that be compatible or no? If not, I will settle for a 3 core. I just want your guys' opinion on it before I buy it.

Back