• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rayrays build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
One part of my cooling loop down snatched a half gallon jug of distilled water from work lol.

You have to start somewhere. At the least you are moving toward more clocking.

If one has disposable income and a big inclination to play, then overclocking can be fun. When it is not fun, then it is not worth it. A good 6350 should be able to run 4.9Ghz daily with really really good watercooling on a good mobo. 300Mhz approx than what you run today. Go over to HWBot and see what approx 300Mhz will do for you. Must add here that with really really good watercooling you might be able to bench at 5.1Ghz to 5.3Ghz. Maybe. Now go and look at what that speed might do for you at HWBot. Need it? Go for it. $170ish for mobo. Water cooling should be about $250ish or a little more. Misc fans provided the case is up to good water cooling should run about $30ish.

Now if you still need the Bot points and the NEED for more speed...let it all hang out. Luck man.
RGone...ster. :chair:

What mobo would you recommend? I've been looking at a few but the ones I like are intel ones. Trying to stick with red and black theme throughout the case if possible.

Ok I looked at the crosshairs quite a bit and also one of the fatality boards. Not sure which one though.

There's a couple Fatalityies but the only one I'd get if I wanted to really push the CPU would be the Pro.

Ok well most likely that will be after I gather all the cooling parts and my case. Get it all at once and swap it over.

That's a bit ironic actually. I've tore down and assembled so much i can almost do it blinfolded now. Although the Banchetto makes that easier. Just this past weekend probably about 4 times in total.

holy crap, and I thought I tore mine apart alot for no reason. lol

still cant get heaven to work on hwbot. downloaded the correct version got the right screenshot verification and everything still comes up with invalid .hwbot link when I try to upload.

Are you following the instructions in the Heaven UI. You can open GPUz and CPUz manually then hit save in the UI then submit from the UI

there is no option for me to submit through the ui and i have went by the rules and everything. Even redownloaded and everything

Yea i'm good now. Also found out what was going on with the heaven stuff. Now just waiting for my banner lol

No, it would be a serious downgrade.

We've seen nothing but issues from MSI boards in the FX world.

well that is good to know. Thanks man. I'll make sure and try to stay away from MSI for now. Probably be on an FX chip for ahwile.

That board is pretty new, but I can't trust them after what I've seen the past two years on here out of MSI with FX.

Especially not when you have a solid board already.

Ok I'll still stick with my original list. Is there a thread on how to get the best benching scores? I could have swore I seen one but on my phone I can't seem to find it. Trying to squeeze the most out of my stuff since I'll probably have this setup for a little bit.

Ok I'll still stick with my original list. Is there a thread on how to get the best benching scores? I could have swore I seen one but on my phone I can't seem to find it. Trying to squeeze the most out of my stuff since I'll probably have this setup for a little bit.

Oh benchmarking is an ever learning process. You'll be reading and learning for a very long time if you get into this like an addict.

Back