• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rayrays build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lol it may be too late for me. I've been trying to get better scores with my stuff since I started. Can't wait to get my loop setup to overclock some more. Hate this 2 point and less crap from the stuff I have.

Oh benchmarking is an ever learning process. You'll be reading and learning for a very long time if you get into this like an addict.

+1 to that!

Lol it may be too late for me. I've been trying to get better scores with my stuff since I started. Can't wait to get my loop setup to overclock some more. Hate this 2 point and less crap from the stuff I have.

And suddenly you'll end up like me with a separate rig just for benching :attn:

+1 to that!

And suddenly you'll end up like me with a separate rig just for benching :attn:

(..A..) Separate rig :rofl:

Got boxes full of rigs man. Not to mention 3 that fire up daily. On top of mobile computing and bench marking....

It's soo different after a few years, you look back at that first rig, then look in the closet at all the stuff going "Dang, what can I do now?" Build another!!!

Talking numerous platforms both AMD and Intel not to mention Multi-P motherboards, DICE, LN2 and everything in between.

Exotic case building and bench tables aren't my thing though. Just as long as the cooling and HW are doing their jobs. I've seen people get hooked more on the Eye Candy portion of PCs as well. Solid Copper water cooling with fancy airbrushing..... Talking New/Used Car pricing and stuff! lol....

Good stuff.

(..A..) Separate rig :rofl:

Got boxes full of rigs man. Not to mention 3 that fire up daily. On top of mobile computing and bench marking....

It's soo different after a few years, you look back at that first rig, then look in the closet at all the stuff going "Dang, what can I do now?" Build another!!!

Talking numerous platforms both AMD and Intel not to mention Multi-P motherboards, DICE, LN2 and everything in between.

Exotic case building and bench tables aren't my thing though. Just as long as the cooling and HW are doing their jobs. I've seen people get hooked more on the Eye Candy portion of PCs as well. Solid Copper water cooling with fancy airbrushing..... Talking New/Used Car pricing and stuff! lol....

Good stuff.

Heh, yeah, "A" separate rig is more accurate. I have a pile of parts that goes on/off that benching stand lol!

Lol I'm in the middle of Oklahoma doubt there is a team around me close by

He means like the benching team on our forum :)

Lol we'll I still need to build my stockpile haha

I noticed in a couple of posts that "blaylock" had had to order himself some new "clown shoes". You may well have to order you a pair also as you are very close to getting hooked into the RCBoyz club aKa Rodeo Clowns club. Hehehe.
RGone...sterskizzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Lol yea man after today everything should be good. Clown shoes are in the closet waiting haha

That's great Ray, once you go down this road it's sometimes hard to keep your priorities straight. Just one more run, I know I can do better and somehow a couple of hours have just went poof. :shock:

Yea i've noticed already. I'll get home from work and just plan on doing one or two benchmarks to try and get better and next thing you know I getting ready for bed lol

The biggest thing, for HWBot, is just to make sure you do it right the first time. Then you don't have to retry that big score you just got!

And keep scores along the way, nothing worse than getting that big score and it crashes when your trying to get your SS validation. I would suggest using a different drive other than your main system HDD as well since multiple crashes "will" mees up your windows and you don't want to lose your info.

I would suggest using a different drive other than your main system HDD as well since multiple crashes "will" mees up your windows and you don't want to lose your info.

This +1, it's half the reason I have a separate system for benching.

This +1, it's half the reason I have a separate system for benching.

I find I have a hard time not blurring those lines a bit. Half the time all I have that I can just fire up is my HTPC or Lappy. :shrug:

I find I have a hard time not blurring those lines a bit. Half the time all I have that I can just fire up is my HTPC or Lappy. :shrug:

I'm not saying I don't blur the lines XD
I pushed the heck outta the 780 a couple of nights ago!
Found out I need to flash the BIOS for a higher power limit LOL

Just nice to have one rig that's "if something blows up I'm not in trouble"

Yea and this is my only system right now so I'll just have to deal with it for now. I did have to redo two 3dmark benches and one pcmark and I'm doing them now and I will be complete. Forgot the subtlest scores on those three... Oops.

Yea and this is my only system right now so I'll just have to deal with it for now. I did have to redo two 3dmark benches and one pcmark and I'm doing them now and I will be complete. Forgot the subtlest scores on those three... Oops.

Heh, yeah, 3DMark has a lot to remember on the older versions!

Yea but only got two left to run and I'll be good. All my other submission were good. Had to edit my memory clock and change it to 1640 instead of 820 and that gave me a decent amount of points.

Back