• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recieving mail forwards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enablingwolf

Senior Member overclocking at t
I wanted to discuss on a topic about mail forwards.

I get mails from a domain from my family, and I constantly recieve forwards from them.
I have an adversion to all the jokes and pictures since I feel most of it is akin to spam. I have blocked FW: at the server before and felt guilty. Plus some legit mail forwards did not pass to me. My wife is coming around to the thought of the same idea. It is not real mail, just junk without a thought. I have told the parents my feelings about this, and they get offended. Their reasoning is "we are thinking about you". I even once offended them by saying hitting the forward button is not a thought. Did not go over well.
If I had a real security risk as an example. I would push the idea harder. Right now it just is annoying. No real and tangable facts to back my case. 62 year old parents on a computer can be fun. Though they are headstrong and heady at times.

What is everyones thoughts on forwards of the jokes, funny pictures and the like? How do you deal with it? Do you feel it is a security risk? Do you block remote images and the like(I do). How do you filter it out?

i create message rules sorting the from field to a seperate folder, then i can glance through the titles (for example FW:) for something i should actually read. the rest i leave to sit there and rot.

Back