• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommended RAM for Asus VI Hero

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lanzia

Registered
Hello all,

can anyone recommend good RAM that will work well with a 4770K / Asus VI Hero?

Thanks an advance

90% gaming 10% video editing. Perhaps experience with some overclocking.

I like G.Skill ARES series as they are overclocking good, have well programmed SPD/XMP and no compatibility issues ( at least I had no issues on Intel and AMD with couple of ARES kits what I can't say about some Corsair kits ).
For Haswell best is to pick 1866/2133 memory as price is not much higher than 1600 and it's probably best spot for memory controller at lower CPU clock ( read it under ~4.5GHz ).

I have been looking at G Skill and its nicely priced compared to Corsair for example.
Discription says the Ripjawz Z are designed for socket 2011.
Is Ares the type that is designed for socket 1150 or is this the Ripjawz X, Trident or the Sniper?

RipjawsZ are working great on Z87 too. Generally all G.Skill kits are designed to work on every available Intel platform. Almost all new kits have big sticker that they're compatible with Z87 chipset even though there is no info on the G.Skill website.
In my sig is link to some of my tests with RipjawsZ ( 16/32GB 2133 ) , TridentX ( 2400 CL9/10 ), RipjawsX ( 1866/2133 ) and ARES ( 1866/2133/2400 ). All were working on Gigabyte Z87X-OC without issues.

What about crucial RAM?

It used to be one of the best in the DDR2 days.

Back