• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reliable power supply for less than 30$

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
plus I have an e 8400 and motherboard + 450 watt psu on the way. I love having friends that give me pc parts. Im gonna have a bad *** machine when i trade all this stuff. which direction should i go

this one looks alright. ive used the brand for 2 years straight before http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817822013

-time to bite-

Just because its a 600 watt power supply for 30 dollars does not mean you will supply even at least enough power for your system! STOP BEING A CHEAP OBLIVIOUS IGNORANT AND GET SOMETHING QUALITY MADE IF YOU NEED 600 WATTS FOR YOUR SYSTEM OR YOU WILL FRY YOUR SYSTEM!

dont have enough money? go mow some lawns!

the only thing we can do is try to find you a power supply at the most economic price but with a lower wattage yet problably enough to power what you are trying to power as long as you are NOT OVERCLOCKING

do i make sense?

Pffff...

I guess the answer was in the question:

What PSu should I get to kill my hardware?

Oh! This Diablotek is a piece of choice!

this one looks alright.
If you haven't figured it out by now, 'looking' alright doesn't make things 'alright'. Diablotek is a piece of crap. In my signature is a link to quality PSU's, get one off that list... but there isn't going to be one for $30.

If you haven't figured it out by now, 'looking' alright doesn't make things 'alright'. Diablotek is a piece of crap. In my signature is a link to quality PSU's, get one off that list... but there isn't going to be one for $30.

+1

Sorry bonokid, a good $30 PSU is not going to happen.

I have an e 8400 3.0 and 6 gigs of ram with no graphics yet. Ive ran diablotek to 5.0 ghz on water with my 8350. i just got a Thermaltake TR2-430w to hold me over until something happens. has a 6 pin, sure itll run a 560 or something

TR2-430 is, as a note, a horrid PSU.
It's a 250w unit on a good day, and a fire hazard on a bad day.

I recommend listening to the advice you're given.

What was wrong with this one. 29.99$... 3 year warranty... 80+... EVGA makes decent equipment... :bang head :shrug:

They might make other good quality stuff, but (most in not all) PSU companies outsource the manufacturing to other companies. The real question is: Who actually makes the PSU?
*hint* EVGA doesn't make it ;)

I have an e 8400 3.0 and 6 gigs of ram with no graphics yet. Ive ran diablotek to 5.0 ghz on water with my 8350. i just got a Thermaltake TR2-430w to hold me over until something happens. has a 6 pin, sure itll run a 560 or something

kid, you are going all over the place! just because you were able to reach 5ghz with a diablotek power supply dosent mean its quality! ALMOST any power supply will work fine for CPU overclocking. NOT GPU OVERCLOCKING.

i just got that psu and 2 more towers for free.. so it works better than the 160 i had before.

when did you get that psu?

and why do you mention that you got two cases for free?

re-read your posts and learn from what you typed so when you make another post or thread, it would be on topic to what you were saying or asking in the first place!

Back