• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Remote Desktop software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperMiguel

Super User
So im looking for a software to help me with this...

I manage about 200 remote machines, usually using either rdp, or VNC... Im looking for a software that i can save a list of machines per categories, and i can just click on its name and connect... Something like a phonebook for rpd/tightvnc..

Thanks

I just found some software that I've been playing with: Smartcode VNC Manager

Should be good for your needs.

With RDP, you can save your connection settings to a text file (or create one from scratch if you're so inclined). Do that for each of your machines (copy/paste, replace IP/server name if all other options are the same), and then categorize them however you want. Double click the RDP file and it'll launch your RDP session. If you wanted to get super fancy, you could easily code a frontend to make it easier to launch sessions. You could do it in something like php for a web-based frontend , or in any other language for an application).

There is also the Remote Desktop Connections snap-in that works well for my RDP needs.

I used to manage a ton of stuff via vnc and I just created .vnc files and threw them in a folder.

We moved to dameware mini remote. It has it't own "phonebook" built into it.

Back