• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Requesting an Opinion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iDeterrence

I'm new to the overclocking world. I've been doing some research and I've attempted to overclock my first system. I'd like to know my temperatures are suitable before pushing for any more power.

Here are my temps while idle and gaming.

CPU: 35C (Idle), ~55C (WoW), ~66C (MW3)
GPU: 45C (Idle), ~55C (WoW), ~57C (MW3)
Room: 27C - 28C

My case is an Azza Solano and is air cooled. Here is my setup.
2x 140MM Intake (Front)
1x 230MM Intake (Side)

1x 120MM Exhaust (Back)
1x 230MM Exhaust (Top)
My PSU is bottom mounted, it contributes nothing to the cooling except for cooling itself.

Are these temperatures acceptable are should I back down any? I'd also like someone to double check my voltages and any related settings. If anyone is willing, please list which specific voltages/settings I need to post. I can provide screen-shots if desired.

Thanks,
Zach

Azza Solano Case | BioStar A880G+ | AMD Phenom II x3 720BE -2.8Ghz (Fourth Core Unlocked); OC'd to 3.2GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4GB | Sapphire HD5670

HW Monitor and AMD Overdrive were used for temperature averages; both double checked with BIOS temperatures.

Last edited:
we will need to know what processor it is. AMD's tjmax is lower than Intel's on most modern chips.

Sorry about that. Where I am a new member, apparently I can't have a signature as an anti-spam measure. Anyway, I posted some specs on my original post.

the information I can find show a tjmax of 73c, I would think that you are getting awful close to that spec. Personally I would want more temp difference in them.

are you using the stock cooler? If so I would recommend you to upgrade that as it can make a huge difference in temps.
A coolermaster hyper 212+ can be had a newegg for $26 american dollars and is a highly reguarded cooler for the money

Thanks for your quick response Dejo, I'll dumb down the processor to the factory defaults, leaving the 4th core unlocked. I didn't notice Intel and AMD had noticeable tjmax differences. I'll look into making an Intel-based PC.

I also thought about that, I just replaced the case because I did hit the max while playing Skyrim (shutdown ftw). I didn't know rather to get a better cooler, or use an alternative cooling measure.

Back