• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Return of Gigabyte OC series - GA-Z87X-OC - LGA 1150 - Haswell

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
HWMonitor relies on calculated numbers based on dubious software readings. It's not especially trustworthy.

No, that isn't accurate at all. I don't think HWMonitor has the ability to get the proper readings to calculate ACTUAL CPU wattage.

When I ran my cpu at stock speed it seemed real close with the watts estimation compared to TDP.

I know it's not accurate however I just wanted to make a comparison with mine overclocked.

Pretty easy to get tdp right - its listed in the CPU spec. When voltage and clocks are customized I think hwmonitor would give you about the same CPU wattage for 4ghz and 6ghz.

My CPU watts with my i5 2500k at stock speed is 78w at 4.1GHz is 103w and at 5.0GHz it is 140w.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how Haswell is supposed to perform? I'm a huge fan of hardware overclocking (things like the OC series has, as opposed to ROG connect, as nice as it is) because I get instant, hardware level feedback. I might spring for this board instead of a ROG board next time I upgrade.

Back