• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rev 4 Beta Server is Up (Almost)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not sure on the math exactly, but if your bench scores aren't the best on the team for your hardware, they count only a fraction towards the team total... So the scores that are the best for the team on that hardware, count 100% for the team total, and the scores you have that aren't the best for the team on that hardware, count 10% for the team total... That makes your total team contribution.

Don't quote me on the numbers exactly, and I didn't do the math on all your submissions, but thats essentially the bottom line of how the system is designed... To my understanding.

Someone correct me please if I'm wrong.

Not sure on the math exactly, but if your bench scores aren't the best on the team for your hardware, they count only a fraction towards the team total... So the scores that are the best for the team on that hardware, count 100% for the team total, and the scores you have that aren't the best for the team on that hardware, count 10% for the team total... That makes your total team contribution.

Don't quote me on the numbers exactly, and I didn't do the math on all your submissions, but thats essentially the bottom line of how the system is designed... To my understanding.

Someone correct me please if I'm wrong.

okay thanks. just couldn't figure why there was 3 different points :p

No problem. I believe that is the part of the points scoring meant to address hardware sharing - only the best scores count 100% to the team total. I really like that part of the scoring, because if you have a really good chip, but want to give another teammate a whack at doing better with it, you can just send it on and both scores don't overinflate the team total, yet if they can beat your score it helps the team more. Kinda gives motivation to share the best hardware you got with other teammates, and really find its limits... But doesn't have the "cheating" aspect rev3 has.

No problem. I believe that is the part of the points scoring meant to address hardware sharing - only the best scores count 100% to the team total. I really like that part of the scoring, because if you have a really good chip, but want to give another teammate a whack at doing better with it, you can just send it on and both scores don't overinflate the team total, yet if they can beat your score it helps the team more. Kinda gives motivation to share the best hardware you got with other teammates, and really find its limits... But doesn't have the "cheating" aspect rev3 has.
This right here. I love this part of Rev4!

I think it's gives a much more fun aspect to it, and without breaking the bank.

but is hardware sharing gonna still get submissions

:forecast:

No, my understanding is that with Rev4, hardware sharing is allowed - the point system discourages sharing hardware to pump the team total on good hardware alone, but better overclocking on that hardware counts and is encouraged.

I could be wrong, but thats how I think it is.

HW sharing is still illegal. It's just illegal and not very profitable, where before it was illegal and profitable.
Sort of like growing your own tobacco and trying to sell it (now), vs growing that green stuff with the white crystaly things and selling it.

No, my understanding is that with Rev4, hardware sharing is allowed - the point system discourages sharing hardware to pump the team total on good hardware alone, but better overclocking on that hardware counts and is encouraged.

I could be wrong, but thats how I think it is.

HW sharing is still illegal. It's just illegal and not very profitable, where before it was illegal and profitable.

Definitely still illegal. But now sharers only get 1/10th the points.

About the team points algorithm. There are now "power team points" for the best team member submission. It will scale based on the # of teams competing in that hw category. It will scale much like hw and global points. We don't yet know the range through.

Say you get 1st out of 20 teams. Maybe you get 50power team points + 49 hw points. Everyone elses hwpoints, on the team, will be SUM'd and divided by 10.

So we will have real team battles, as apposed to user scores = team points.

What I had aid earlier (which may have been misinterpreted) was when there is a "sharing witch hunt" in rev 4, it wont (shouldn't) be such a big deal. I have a feeling its a bigger problem in communities that aren't spread across 2500 miles like us.

I'll be interested to see where I end up after the next reboot with my 920 results. Seeing how they are likely lower than everyone else's on the team it will probably drop me though (currently #15 on rev3)

Rev 4 is gonna treat me nice since half my points are globals. I am also liking it's new look on the beta server.

I loose like 2/3 of my team points, but that just means its time to start going for first. Step 1: ln2 bench party!

I'll be losing a lot of team as well. I'll be going from 595.6 to 179.23, which is a 416 point loss or 70% of my points...

All you censored.gif with globals...:p

Back