• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Running fans Push/Pull on Crosshair V formula z

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
All depends on the fans used, from what I've seen most fan headers are good to 1 Amp max, if exceeded you will likely burn out the header.

we have a similar set up as MB and Cpu and im have a tough time O.C. that chip. Im new to the world of overclocking and im only able to get about 4.2 on my chip. any tips?

Well two things, first if you want to learn how to Oc it, you will get more eyes on the post from the AMD guys in here by creating a thread in the AMD cpu section. Second, I do not know how far you're going to get on the CORSAIR h60, these Fx 8350's really start churning out the heat when pushed on all 8 cores.

Start by creating a new topic in the AMD Cpu section, when doing so, give us a base line of where the computer is at, at stock settings. You can do so by downloading Cpu-Z, Hwmonitor and Prime 95. Open Hwmonitor and run prime blend for 20 minutes, then post screen shots of Hwmonitor and the following tabs in Cpu-Z, Cpu, Spd and Memory. You can use the in-forum attachment tool to post the screens shots. You need to be in the "go advanced" posting window, click on the paper clip and upload the photos. Additionally this guide can be helpful if read.

Back