• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen 1400 OC Weird Temp Spike in Aida64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Swanesang

Hi,

I am not sure if this has already been discussed in another thread since i couldn't find one with a similar discussion.

I recently built a PC for my fiance with a Ryzen 1400 and MSI B350 PC Mate mobo. I overclocked the CPU to 3.8Ghz at 1.35v with a hyper 212x cooler. Under load the temps never go beyond 70-75c in Aida64. I stress tested it for 30min (just to do a quick stability test to check OC. Will do a proper test once i am happy with the results) and i noticed very weird spikes in temps. On average the the temps would equalize at around 70-75c under load, but every couple of minutes (+-5min) or so, almost periodically, the temps would spike by 10c to around 80-85c. I check whether it might be an increase in voltages due to the LLC, but the voltages never increased at all (stayed at the 1.352 mark).

So i was wondering if this is normal for ryzen since i did not experience the same spike with my 6600k oc which remained within the same temp range during the stress test. Also a 70-75c temp on a Ryzen 1400 oc is roughly where i expected it to sit with a hyper 212x and the jump in temps is strange for me.

The pc build is as follows:

Ryzen 5 1400 oced to 3.8ghz @ 1.35v
MSI B350 PC Mate motherboard
1x 8Gb DDR4 2400mhz memory
Antec 500W PSU
GTX 1060 6GB
Hyper 212x Cooler
120gb SSD
1.5Gb HDD

Some fluctuation is normal. Could also be related to changing tests in AIDA. The Ryzen has multiple sensors in the die and reports the highest temp out of the bunch and it's not unusual to have one core run hotter than others.

Back