• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen 2000 ram speeds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mackerel

Last night I was starting my pre-testing on 2600 for direct comparison with 3600 hopefully arriving tomorrow. I put in the Kingston 4000 RGB kit and selected the 3600 XMP profile, and to my surprise it booted. Previously I've never managed to get past 3400 with another B-die kit. My happiness was short lived as it BSOD after some use at Windows desktop, but it seemed Prime95 stable after dropping it to 3400. Timings were very slack though as I left it on XMP3600 settings, combined with gear down mode it was 18-18-18...

I need to do another set of tests tonight, and debating if I should tinker with the ram some more. OC Ryzen ram isn't something I looked at nearly as much as Intel, and I forgot what little I knew. If I don't want to tinker with the timings, is there anything else I can try to get that stability? On Intel side I might try IO/SA, does SoC work similarly on Ryzen? Or could it be IF getting over stressed?

If you test it on ASRock B450 ITX then I wasn't able to stabilize 3600+ on this motherboard (the same on X470 ITX). For some reason B350/X370 ITX could run up to 3866 while 400 series only up to 3466. The same for 8GB and 16GB modules.

Try SoC up to 1.2V but probably nothing above 1.1V will help in this case. SoC is like SA on Intel.
Ryzen 1000/2000 in general has problems with 3600+ memory clock but in most cases it's a matter of motherboard or AGESA. AMD released AGESA with theoretical fix which in real caused worse memory OC. They just left it like that long months ago.

You can also check more relaxed timings like CL18 or CL20 and higher tRFC. On Ryzen, higher clock gives more than tighter timings, no matter what people around forums claim. In the end it's more a matter of whole timing table match than only CL value. Another reason to play some more with a long list of memory settings ;)

I will probably compare some settings on Micron and Samsung IC with Ryzen 3600/3700X. Micron performs great on AMD but gamers/enthusiasts community sticks to Samsung B and can't see anything besides that. Barely anyone is testing any other IC.

Last edited:
I was kinda hoping to run at 3600 (ram) on the 3600 (CPU), and ideally for comparison I'd like to get the 2600 there too. I might give SoC a quick go, if it fails then revert back to 3000 kit as more comparable to past testing. I already put latest bios on for support. Don't have time to be fiddling with timings at this point.

Back