• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen Eco mode

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time-Bandit

Hi all,

Curious if Ryzen eco mode can be used with 3200g or 2700x (considering getting a 2700x if the price goes down abit).

I see one website saying no then some guy on reddit saying he is using Eco mode on his 2700x.

If someone could clarify that would be awesome.

Cheers,

Bandit.

A quick search shows this for zen2/3000 series. Im not sure if others managed to get it to work.

You can always try to enable it and see if the option is there in rysen master.

Not sure how accurate this list is - https://www.techarp.com/computer/ryzen-eco-mode-guide/

And the reddit thread I was referring to is (one of the comments near the top) -
Mostly curious about 2700x since I pay in NZD and buy from Amazon computer parts cost alot since I pay 50% more (the price in NZ are worse from retailers). I would like to get the 3700x however current pricing is keeping me off getting one and seeing the 2700x seems abit more within my grasp.

Does anyone have a 2700x that they could check on at all?

I figure Eco mode on the 3200G would be crippling would it not? It would lose what 20-30% ?

Just curious so this can be used for Zen 2 CPUS's only?

Also can this be used to replace Ryzen master?

As link says you can tweak cTDP to 65W and cpu won't go over it will throttle. But if you set frequency higher then base manually I think it will go over anyway.

Essentially I would prefer the lower TDP the better but realistically up to 105w since thats what the x model runs at which is fine if I could get the same performance.

Back