• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sabertooth 990fx issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I am having a problem with a motherboard/cpu combo that is new to me, sabertooth 990fx/8350.
when it powers on the power light is on and the cpu light is on, cooler fan spins.
with the 990fx chipset power being controlled by the motherboard, should it post and get to bios without a cpu installed?

bummer, I'd like to sort out what's bad but i don't have a board or processor available to swap around.......

had the bee come down and give it a close look over, she found grunge on what looks like a fet above the motherboard power connector, she says it wiped off.
there is grunge in an unused ram slot I'll have to figure out how to clean out.

Last edited by a moderator:
See if you can scrub those areas with 99% Isopropyl alcohol and an old tooth brush. Blast it with compressed air and let it dry before firing it up.

the board just did not survive the shipping.

I would run it through the dishwasher along with the chvf-z board that's due for a yearly bath, but it's dead.
the seller and I are in contact and he needs to see if it's still within the 5 year warranty.

have as many am3+ as I have running and it out of production, I need one spare kit on the shelf!!!!!

Back