• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabertooth 990FX R2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's likely one of the reasons you get a high off set from your LLC setting. I'm on the same page as Bonesy, I don't set a whole lot in the digi section for normal clocks. It really isn't necessary. You'll find threads where everyone does it but I still don't and OC just fine. I'm sure it would help on some boards to get a bit extra but the Sabo doesn't need it. Just try setting everything back and see what difference it makes. Just leave the lLC setting to control droop

Ok changing stuffs back to stock minus LLC does... **** all to voltages BUT gives lower temps (probes/phases to optimized instead of extreme). LLC High lowers it by the same amount as Ultra High raises and Extreme puts my voltage at a whooping 1.525v. I am actually tempted to try normal or auto but i can see the results wont be pretty.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY don't want to RMA especially if this is "normal" for a Saber :-/

Ok slightly worried now, see the threads all over the place ? happens even at 1.5v. Anyone that has a Saber can chime in please ?

Clipboard01.jpg

That's pretty normal, some of the cores are looking after background processes etc...

So do i consider this stable and give it a rest ? feels like i went back in time a few years having to wrestle with vdroop, didn't appreciate the Crosshair enough methinks :)

Clipboard01.jpg Clipboard02.jpg

Last edited:
I'm using the one downloaded from their website, yes. If it works don't mess with it is a very old maxim and besides last thing i want for a while is to play around with voltages again :) Thanks for info guys

Last edited:
At least use P95 then. The old IBT isn't enough in my books if you want it stable. If you plan on Gaming?? Don't know what your uses are but myself when I set a PC up for Gaming it's P95 and heaven on a loop for at least 2 hours. Gives you a really good idea of the heat dissipation issues if you have them.

I used p95 blend overnight ~2c variation (should have said so and taken screenie, my bad). One thing i noticed different was that with the new Saber sensors HWiNFO64 has more CPU overhead and it was what was slowing down p95 so badly yesterday (don't have anything else in the background except cacheman and afterburner besides regular windows services), to the point that thread 1 had a 6m difference so i switched to Open Hardware Monitor and now all threads complete roughly at same time, all good.

Might be just my setup but then again it seems to run slightly different from everyone's else's as it should :)

Feels like i went back in time a few years having to wrestle with vdroop, didn't appreciate the Crosshair enough methinks :)

Your Sabertooth doesn't seem too unusual...

If I set my CHVF-Z/8370 combo (in BIOS) to 1.450v vcore LLC @High in Windows my board will also droop to ~1.416v (load). If I change it to LLC @extreme it overvolts to ~1.500v (load) and if I set it on LLC @regular it droops down to ~1.356v (load).

Last edited:
On Crosshair non-Z i put it as Ultra High and the voltage was on par with whatever i put, hence why i asked if this Saber was normal or what.

I'm confused, bumped voltage 3x already and i get this error (even though it finishes and the results seem ok).

Clipboard01.jpg

Fixed, running IBT AVX in compatibility mode Win7, also seems to be faster. During the whole test it averages out 54c/55c but at the end of each cycle spikes hard to what you see there. Don't think i have much space to move here ?

Clipboard01.jpg

Looks good the kenrou. You could maybe bump the fsb a bit and see what happens

To comment your Current 130% setting:

Your CPU WILL utilize any and ALL current that is available to it. Limiting current is important to the survivle of the chip. Increasing current by 30% for an 8370 is adding 30amps to the CPU. Thats a lot! Although this will help stability of the CPU with OCing, you will find that the CPU will die sooner than expected.

- - - Updated - - -

Your CPU WILL utilize any and ALL current that is available to it. Limiting current is important to the survivle of the chip. Increasing current by 30% for an 8370 is adding 30amps to the CPU. Thats a lot! Although this will help stability of the CPU with OCing, you will find that the CPU will die sooner than expected.

Does that mean it WILL add voltage/heat to a OC regardless of settings ? should i have mine permanently at 100% ?

I did tell you I only change LLC and phases. I find it unnecessary to add current

Yes but Auto changes from board to board, might be 100%, might be 130%, might be auto-change as needed. Should I leave it on Auto and hope it's 100% or auto-change or do I set it at 100% just to be safe ?

You do what everyone else here has done and try it to see what gets you furthest wih your cooling. That's all I can say . It's possible that if you change it now you won't be stable ,I can't answer that. All I can tell you is what I do.

Prophetic words, changed to Auto and destabilised the OC... Well I'll hit it again tomorrow, thanks again for the tips :)

Back