• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sabertooth z77 i5 3570k overclock help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

domjam

hi all need some help with overclocking hopeing somone can assist me. i understand a bit about what needs to be done..but main problem is settings in my bios..dunno what to set them at.. what iv done so far

loaded optimal defaults and set ai overclock tuner to xmp profile 1 (ddr1600mhz) ,bclk 100. disabled epu powersaver mode, set cpu voltage to manule with 1.035 and disabled cpu speed spectrum. everthing els on auto

in cpu powermanagment i set cpu to 40 enabled enhanced intel speedstep and tryd to turn of turbo mode. but if i click disable and input any numer in the cpu it seems to automaticly enable itself and the button is grayd out. im not sure if that meens its disabled or not though

under digi+power control i have set LLC to high, cpu voltage frequency to 300(min value),cpu power phase control to manule/fast and cpu current capabilty to 140% everything els deafult.

am i doing this right? is there another voltage or setting i need to enable disable to continue saftly overclockign my chip? what should i aim for next..im trying to get 4.5ghz im using a corsairh100 and right now.. iv booted into windows at 40ghz with theses settings. using hardware monitor my vcore is at 1.040 max and my max temp so far for the packedge is 50c. i plan on running the x264 stabilty test to starting with 3 loops 4 threads and a priority of normal though im not sure about that either :S dont want to start untill iknow what im doing is correct. i read that you should start with stock voltage..but in my case i dont no what stock voltage is sincei ts on auto..and bios voltage is diffrent from when in OS..bit confused all in all.. if someone can assit that would be great. need more info..just ask.thanks

This guide is about at easy as they get.

is there no guide to my motherbord cuz i have alot of other settings that are not explained in that guide. t probe,cpu capability, etc and how do i get stock voltage with my motherbord do i just leave it at auto? iv tryd that and doing that results in high v core when i up the multiplyer

Don't worry about all the other settings. Shut down the power saving features C1E, Speed step etc. Set the Cpu Voltage manually to 1.25 the Cpu LLc to medium and the multiplier to 4.5. If it cannot boot at 4.5 either set the multiplier lower or raise the cpu voltage.

Don't worry about all the other settings. Shut down the power saving features C1E, Speed step etc. Set the Cpu Voltage manually to 1.25 the Cpu LLc to medium and the multiplier to 4.5. If it cannot boot at 4.5 either set the multiplier lower or raise the cpu voltage.

thanks for replying.. i have since tryd a few overclock things. and for the most part i can boot into windows but games crash still after about 20 mins .. iv tryd doing it the offset way using + should i just keep addin + on the offset or do i need to change other stuff. one thing to note is the bellow settings are what i have currently for 4.5ghz. i was unable to boot into windows without setting the cpu cabilty to higher then 100% witch is default. if you have any recoomendations please let me no.thanks

only stettings i chagned.everything els left on default

Ai overclock=xmp profile 1. 1600mhz
llc=high
cpu voltage frequancy = 300
phaze mode=optomised
cpu cababilty=140%
dram voltage-1.5

cpu offset = + 0.035

disabled c1 powerstuff options
disabled cpu spectrum
disabled PLL overvolt

So what you posted above is working for 4.5 ghz? If so how long have you stress tested it to see if it is stable? If you could post screen shots of Hwmonitor "non pro" under load as well as the following tabs in Cpu-Z, Cpu, Spd and Memory.

So what you posted above is working for 4.5 ghz? If so how long have you stress tested it to see if it is stable? If you could post screen shots of Hwmonitor "non pro" under load as well as the following tabs in Cpu-Z, Cpu, Spd and Memory.

it boots into windows and plays movies fine.but games crash after about 20 mins.. i tryd using the x264 stability test but it crasehs almost instantly. thats why im asking what setting should i change since it bootes into windows at those settings i thought it would be a good indication to what i would need to change to make it stable. thanks

Ok try lowering the multiplier to 44 and running Prime 95 or Aida 64 for at least 2 hours to confirm stability. If it still can't pass 2 hours raise the Cpu Voltage .00625 rinse and repeat. Watch you Cpu temps, keep them under 85c. If you can post the screen shots I asked for previously, it will give us a better look under the hood so to speak.

Ok try lowering the multiplier to 44 and running Prime 95 or Aida 64 for at least 2 hours to confirm stability. If it still can't pass 2 hours raise the Cpu Voltage .00625 rinse and repeat. Watch you Cpu temps, keep them under 85c. If you can post the screen shots I asked for previously, it will give us a better look under the hood so to speak.

i took this about half way through a first loop on the x264 stability test. had to have cpu z open 4 times though to get everything settings were 1 loop 4 threads and normal.View attachment 171404

Use this to host a screen shot your link doesn't work. Capture4.PNG

I also do not believe X264 is a reliable stress test for a stable daily overclock. I suggest you try using Prime Blend or Aida 64 they are much more reliable when testing for true stability.

Ok your temps are fine, as well as your Dram timings. You may just need a but more voltage then 1.25 V to get it stable at 4.5 Ghz. Your call, you can either bump the offset voltage up or lower the multiplier to 44 and see if you can get it stable.

That was failing the test though. I have kind started again leaving everything at stock set of set to + 0.020 with llc at high and phase on t.probe CPU capability at 100 auto. With a multiplayer of 4.0ghz iv been running aida64 not sure if I set it right though ticket only stress CPU fpu and GPU its been running for 28mins and mytemps are in the 80s. One of the temps in him is at 105c max is that safe? Its called auxtin.
I'm not sure about Auxtin on a Z77 Sabertooth, it may be an erroneous reading or it may be legit. I would bet it's just an erroneous temp. See if you can pass 2 hours of AIDA, then if you want to try for a higher Oc raise the Multiplier and re test.

Ok your temps are fine, as well as your Dram timings. You may just need a but more voltage then 1.25 V to get it stable at 4.5 Ghz. Your call, you can either bump the offset voltage up or lower the multiplier to 44 and see if you can get it stable.

That was taken when I failed the test though. I have restarted and just used 40 for a multiplier and of set of + 0.020 llc high phase I probe CPU capability 100 been running aida64 on stress CPU fpu and GPU for 42mins now temps are in the 80s and one of the temps called auxtin sea max 105 c. Do I just leave this going for 2 hours in total? So far vcore max is 1.232 on hwm

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for double post I thought it did not send also PC to slow to reply to thread so am doing this on phone .lol

Yes at least 2 hours, as long as the temps stay under 85-90c on the Cpu.

What if it dose get close or go above 90? I worry what it will do on 45 since already just at 40 my CPU temp is 81c running Aida for a bit over an hour now. And hwm reports min vcore at1.2 and so far with Aida running 1.232 max. I know that for 45ghz it takes a Manuel volt. Of 1.23 just to boot into my windows.

just over 2 hours passed at 4ghz here is what i got. thoughts and sugestions? i was thinking to try and go for 4.5 starting with offset of 0.040 im worryd about temps though or should i just try for 4.3ghz on excat same settings as this? what do you think? 4ghz.gif

domjam, one step at a time, do not just try to jump to 4.5 Ghz, slow down and have some patience. Overclocking can get very frustrating if one tries to push too far, to fast or changes too many things at once. Take a deep breath.......ok now. Raise the multiplier to 41 and test again, leave the voltage alone!!!!! Lets see how far you can push the Oc on the +20 offset, which is giving you 1.23 v under load. As far as temps go 85-90c is starting to push into unsafe levels, but in most cases under normal usage you will not be anywhere near these temps. Right now you still have 10c headroom so I wouldn't worry about it just yet. Note you also do not need to be stress testing the Gpu right now, you can if you want but it's not necessary.

domjam, one step at a time, do not just try to jump to 4.5 Ghz, slow down and have some patience. Overclocking can get very frustrating if one tries to push too far, to fast or changes too many things at once. Take a deep breath.......ok now. Raise the multiplier to 41 and test again, leave the voltage alone!!!!! Lets see how far you can push the Oc on the +20 offset, which is giving you 1.23 v under load. As far as temps go 85-90c is starting to push into unsafe levels, but in most cases under normal usage you will not be anywhere near these temps. Right now you still have 10c headroom so I wouldn't worry about it just yet. Note you also do not need to be stress testing the Gpu right now, you can if you want but it's not necessary.

sorry .but its just iv had a previous overclock of 4.5 ghz on my system but it was done for me and it was wroking fine till i upgreaded my graphics card and display..and i thought it would be a good idea to mention to you that 1.230 is the min my system boots into windows at that clockspeed .and that overclock was on an offset of +0.025 but a few settings were diffrent settings wise. i still have the profile for it saved in my bios. anywaz back on track.

i will leave it as is and try to run aida again at 4.1. but one thing the cpu voltage fixed frequancy..in my bios its set to auto .but it ses min 300..is this the cpuvcore voltage? im conserd about leaving some of these settings on auto as when i experemnted with it before just setting the multiplyer to 45 and chaning nothing els the system would boot into windows and hardware moniter would report my vcore at 1.4 i shut down and went back to stock straight away of course. id allso like to ask..should my temps be this high? on this aida overclock that i passed running now my temps are like in mid 30s at min and mind 50s at max on hardware monitor. and all iv done today is been on google. seems high..is this normal? do i need to reapy paste to my cpu or somthing? sorry for all the questions..

Last edited:
When you had it previously overclocked at 4.5 did you stress test it to see if it was indeed stable?

Back