• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabretooth 990fx rev1.0 & R9 290 PCS+ compatability in crossfire

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's curious. I can run my ram at 1600 Mhz and don't see much of a slow down (not close to your difference). That is with a 295x2... but then again I have intel and it allows CFx/SLI to stretch its legs a little better anyway.

I know that the new 8370 is sweet. Lower volt's to overclock and will easily hit 5.0-5.2. On the video card CF issue, it's best if you buy both cards rated for the same speed - CPU & Memory. I'm running 2 290X's Reference Edition (was going to water cool them any way so why pay extra $$$$ for a better cooler) XFX and a Sapphire. The only bad part is the XFX uses Elpida memory and the Sapphire uses Hynix memory. I have the R2 version and can't seem to find a manual for the R1. The R2 will run (2) two cards @ x16 when in slot 1 & 3 but will run (3) three cards @ x16/x8/x8 when in slot 1, 3, & 4. You can run (4) four cards but slot 2 is limited to x4 only.

Hope this helps:)

Thank You For Your Time
In Reading My Post

Thanks man for the pics. That power supply cover is a neat feature. I ordered black and going with all red led fans. I am going now to have to test fit upper rad with fans blowing up thru the radiator and see if 35mm/rad + 25mm/fan is going to come down too far into the case and overlap the motherboard. If it does then going to have to go 29mm/rad and 25mm/fan to clear that upper edge of the mobo.

Again, thanks for the pics.

RGone...

flashy!

The PSU shroud was one of the reasons I bought the luxe for sure. I wanted white since it seemed more modern. Black is very cool though especially with the lighting effects.

If you make a post of how you setup and/or test your airflow let me know. I am now planning on getting a case fan for every possible spot I can. The GPUS are running at 70C hottest (of course I live in a cold climate WA state) but I would like to see if I can get them 10C cooler and the fan profiles can make the whole rig quieter.

Considering which fans to put in the front case, bottom of the case and top of the case. so like 4 intake 1 exhaust? or maybe 3 intake 2 exhaust haven't decided.

I am going to do a picture build in my thread at the top of this forum section about AM3+. Think that is the most likely place right now. From the time I open the case and hopefully to a good conclusion. Like I say, I have certain things in mind and don't want rads in front or bottom since I need all the HDD cage space I can get. Going to be a good deal of trial fit and error. Hehehe.

RGone...

Thanks man for the pics. That power supply cover is a neat feature. I ordered black and going with all red led fans. I am going now to have to test fit upper rad with fans blowing up thru the radiator and see if 35mm/rad + 25mm/fan is going to come down too far into the case and overlap the motherboard. If it does then going to have to go 29mm/rad and 25mm/fan to clear that upper edge of the mobo.

Again, thanks for the pics.

RGone...

check out these pics!

http://www.kitguru.net/components/cases/leo-waldock/phanteks-enthoo-luxe-case-review/5/

Back