• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Same Ram different specs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ros

Registered
Hi,

I'm in whole process of OC my rig, so when I arrived at the Tweak Ram section my four DDR4 DIMM I see this List:
DIMM 1-Kingston KHX2400C15/8G
DIMM 2-Kingston KHX2400C15D4/8G
DIMM 3-Kingston KHX2400C15D4/8G
DIMM 4-Kingston KHX2400C15/8G

Maybe be it's nothing but just to be sure, note the "D4" on Bank 2 and 3 what is this? I did not buy the four modules at the same time, maybe a year between the first pair and the second.
In UEFI the exact specs are this (see images attached) inside the green square are the differences between slot 1 and 2, A1-B2 slots same specs A2-B1 slots same specs.
F-Stream app didn't see any difference and Corsair Link put all four in the same section (see image)

RAM Tweaker UEFI
mKwLKpA.jpg

RAM Tweaker UEFI
cPKeCwW.jpg

Corsair Link
X5hN2uH.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like different manufacture date, different IC and SPD profile. If it works then it's fine. If you wish to know some more then you can check with software like Thaiphoon Burner what IC is in these memory modules. I guess that one can be single and another one dual rank or just different hynix/micron IC. I don't think there were samsung or other brand IC in HyperX Fury.

Hi Woomack... thanks... I'll check with this software for knowledge purposes, because no problems with RAM at this time

Thanks again

Back