• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sempron 140 overclocking tips

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You're board doesn't support HT3 meaning its limited to 1000 HT link not 2000 like AM2+ and AM3, it doesn't matter of you have a AM3 CPU in or AM2 in as its the board that is limiting you, and those nforce chipset are not the best for overclocking I'm afraid, sorry .

ok i tried with your (keny) advice. but, still stuck. 262*13.5=3537, HT link below 1000MHz (x3 786MHz) at 16-bit, NB frequency below 2000MHz(x7 1834MHz), Cpu volt at 1.475V, ram is ddr2-698 (349MHz) 7-6-6-18 t2 with set ram volt at auto. about a minute stress test, goes bsod. the temp is not that high (below 54C if im not mistaken)

photos
(ok, i cannot upload the photo cuz when i click attachment button, a new window came out but just white-blank)

add more statements: ok, maybe my chipset is really holding me back, nforce 630a, geforce 7025. but, i wonder that in one of the youtube videos, it shows how to unlock the sempron 145 core with n68c-gs fx successful, and some forum said that nforce 630a cannot unlock core. well, this confuse me.

Last edited:
ok, maybe my chipset is really holding me back, nforce 630a, geforce 7025. but, i wonder that in one of the youtube videos, it shows how to unlock the sempron 145 core with n68c-gs fx successful, and some forum said that nforce 630a cannot unlock core. well, this confuse me.

Some cpus unlock and work reliably. Some do n0t. Your board is not what most of us call overclock friendly. You have increased your cpu mhz and the level you have attained seems the limit with the voltage to the cpu that you say you are using.

Eveything has an 'end' to it. You seem at the 'end' of your overclocking quest for more cpu mhz with the cpu and mobo you have at hand.

Some cpus unlock and work reliably. Some do n0t. Your board is not what most of us call overclock friendly. You have increased your cpu mhz and the level you have attained seems the limit with the voltage to the cpu that you say you are using.

Eveything has an 'end' to it. You seem at the 'end' of your overclocking quest for more cpu mhz with the cpu and mobo you have at hand.
thats why im scared of. is it my cpu is at the end of my mobo restricted it? well, at least i gained additional 10MHz to my oc.

well, time to oc the NB frequency. so i will try to oc it.

Collectively you have reached your max be it board or cpu. Not any of us can say which. The motherboard is not really good for overclocking.

If it were me I would buy another cpu that is supported by the motherboard and get a more performance oriented cpu. The dual and triple or even 4 core cpus should not be very expensive in todays market. You would not really have to overclock a more powerful cpu that your mobo supports.

ok. i oc my nb frequency. but, how to stress test it? just like prime in-place large FFTs or use blend. or even other programs

Collectively you have reached your max be it board or cpu. Not any of us can say which. The motherboard is not really good for overclocking.

If it were me I would buy another cpu that is supported by the motherboard and get a more performance oriented cpu. The dual and triple or even 4 core cpus should not be very expensive in todays market. You would not really have to overclock a more powerful cpu that your mobo supports.
well, i now im suppose to buy new cpu since i want buy and to install HD 7750 to my rig. but, my very tight budget really blocks me i will need to buy a new graphic card first.

buy list: First piority: Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 (low profile if possible)
Second Piority: AMD Athlon II X2 260 (or if possible, considering AMD FX-4300)(i prefer larger L2 like Athlon and Sempron than Phenom II)
Third Piority: Corsair CX430 V2 (not available at my nearest stores for now, only at even furthur stores)

Last edited:
well, i can oc the NB frequency at max. about 2562.6MHz. in bios is the maximum, multiplier of x10. well, even so, i dont fells like any difference when ocing this. looks particularly the same. well at least, the game is kinda smoother, no lags but of course the fps still the same.

ok. as my final result OC,
Sempron 140 OC 3.46GHz. increase about 28.2% from stock
bus*multi: 257*13.5
voltage: 1.425V
NB frequency: x10 2567.2MHz
Max cpu temp: 54C
max mobo temp: 38-40C
Stability, 90-100%
Ram: OCed at 427.1MHz with timing of 5-5-5-12 T2 with auto volt
Previous oc to current oc percentage: about 0.4% increase
Benchmarks: not available

well, i can oc the NB frequency at max. about 2562.6MHz. in bios is the maximum, multiplier of x10. well, even so, i dont fells like any difference when ocing this. looks particularly the same. well at least, the game is kinda smoother, no lags but of course the fps still the same.

ok. as my final result OC,
Sempron 140 OC 3.46GHz. increase about 28.2% from stock
bus*multi: 257*13.5
voltage: 1.425V
NB frequency: x10 2567.2MHz
Max cpu temp: 54C
max mobo temp: 38-40C
Stability, 90-100%
Ram: OCed at 427.1MHz with timing of 5-5-5-12 T2 with auto volt
Previous oc to current oc percentage: about 0.4% increase
Benchmarks: not available

Consider giving your RAM 2 voltage bumps and running a stability test with 1T command rate.

Sometimes you get lucky here too, aways worth a shot :D

Consider giving your RAM 2 voltage bumps and running a stability test with 1T command rate.

Sometimes you get lucky here too, aways worth a shot :D

err.:-/ 2bumps? you mean, 2 times of the voltage? or add up 2V to it, or add 0.2V to make it become 2.00V?

im kinda afraid for oc the ram. i know i can just buy 2x2GB ddr3 ram as for replacement, but my ram is not heatsinked. i dont want my ram hotter than suppose to be. correct me if im worng

err.:-/ 2bumps? you mean, 2 times of the voltage? or add up 2V to it, or add 0.2V to make it become 2.00V?

Arent incremental voltage changes common on motherboards? A bump is the smallest increase your motherboard will allow you to increase your voltage. Usually .05 is the smallest incremental "bump" a mobo supports for RAM.

So, a bump of .10 is a possible increase to stability or a possible "overclock" to 1T command rate on RAM

Arent incremental voltage changes common on motherboards? A bump is the smallest increase your motherboard will allow you to increase your voltage. Usually .05 is the smallest incremental "bump" a mobo supports for RAM.

So, a bump of .10 is a possible increase to stability or a possible "overclock" to 1T command rate on RAM

so, i just add up 0.1V to my ram, and i can try with t1. if successful or not i will post here:D

hope my ram not gets too hot:rolleyes:

failed. increase the ram voltage to 1.9. timing 7-6-6-18 T1 failed.

Aye, just set it back to what you had before-- Some DDR2 sticks really don't like 1T.

It wouldn't have done you any good with how much you had to loosen those timings anyways

well, the only think annoys me is, when something wrongs with bios setting (just like the ram timing, T2 to T1), my pc fails to boot and need to clear cmos. the good things are mine is open-side cased so i dont need to open the case and clear cmos, my pc 'comes alive' and i still can revert my oc and other settings back with saved settings in my bios (ASRock DNA). but, the bad thing is, i hate setting my time and date back!! really annoys me. also, i kinda hate for clearing cmos. i need to short the pin instead of pushing the button (in which is mostly available for high-end mobo). sometimes, i short wrongly (third pin to nothing). i think you guys right. nforce 630a is not OC friendly (well, not only about the cmos, also about the oc setting). but i still keep it till it got broken or i get a new one (with new cpu, ddr3 and if possible, hd 7750) and use this mobo (and previous part) for next build (packed desktop pc, slimmer than mini-itx pc, about 1/3 size of mid-tower width, well, diy case)

Ok,this is my result in gaming (NFS ProStreet)
(not for ads, but for pc testing with this oc)

well, the responsive is much improved with this oc, but in some cases there are bit of responsive delay (about 0.1-0.3 sec) when in full of graphics. well, i sees in task manager, when the games running, the game cpu resources used shows above 80%, causing my cpu at rate of 100%.

in previous oc, i always got bsod. but since with this oc, i never get bsod till now.

im really thanks to you all for helping me

(the video link will be closed in a week, hopefully i remember :) )

WE all get what the system and pieces allow and then that is it. Somethings just run out of extra speed quicker. You are quicker now so that is good. And good luck.

Back