• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sen's (i955X) Gigabyte 8I955X Royal Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Need help. Windows wont install and keep looping on inital installation. :bang head <note that im using a floppy to load setup

After your initial MSDOS installation go into bios and disable cdrom boot.

I got it.... idiots at gigabtye had all SATA and IDE ports set to RAID when optomized defaults are loaded...nice one! :mad:

Sentential said:
I got it.... idiots at gigabtye had all SATA and IDE ports set to RAID when optomized defaults are loaded...nice one! :mad:

Hahaha, you have complaints about every company, just kidding. ;)

Looks like a great setup!

Sentential said:
OMG HAHAHAHA! I COULD HAVE TOLD YOU THAT! OOPS!

I had the same problem on the Giga K8NF-9. You have to disable the Raid to get it to work correctly.

This board looks very promising. I stopped liking gigabyte, after my first board long ago died during some hard drive benchmarks, weird eh. Oh well every board has problems.
But now I never did own a Gigabyte for very long.
Good luck with this one, and be a happy owner.
Thanks

If I remember right Sen, you have to press F1 and another key to get into the "advanced bios"

Did you read the manual to see if it's in there? I know you're a pretty impatient feller. :p

enduro said:
Impatient? Sen?
Im back from work. Finally got it going. Wasnt exactally a smooth startup. Couple blue-screens here and there but I got it working now :cool: Soon as I get her online Ill post benches.

Btw, this does infact unlock CPUs. Not exactally the multiplier I had hoped for (ie 14X) but atleast I can turn off EIST :clap:

Giga does the multi in a strange way. They do not list actual numbers but "Low" and "High"....strange :shrug:

TimoneX said:
CTRL + F1 I believe.
TimoneX, you're alive? I sent you a PM like several weeks ago and I never heard back from you OR saw you around. Have I just missed you, or were you away or something?

Am I wrong, or did you sell everything to buy a laptop?? Or did your plans change?

Good luck with that board, it sounds like a bugger...

Holy hell this thing is SO complicated. Ive never felt so raped by my Compy before. I got er working tho. Sheesh...

Yeah I had fun getting my Gigabyte to my likings. Still fiddling(fuddling?) around on it too.

Back