• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sen's Ultimate Winchester Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sentential said:
What BIOS are you using?

________

Once again...I'd have to get a whole new mobo to use it. Plus why dont YOU get the XP120. It fits DFi fine.

how high of an OC do u think i could get w/ it?

i'm running memtest now, honestly though i've never had much luck with this ram...it'd never go above 205 stable in my last system....

but the board might be messed up...if you pull out the ram and put in again, it takes like 10 tries to get it to post....

i guess ill replace the board and borrow my friend's ocz mem and give that a try

its corsair xms pc3500 cl2 v1.1 (had it since may '03)...stock timings according ot corsair are 2-3-3

as for the chips, how do i check?

take off the heat spreaders... LoL that is a pita though and be carefull cause u just voided your lifetime warrenty from corsair... and yes they are that picky in their warrenty service.

thousandLies said:
its corsair xms pc3500 cl2 v1.1 (had it since may '03)...stock timings according ot corsair are 2-3-3

as for the chips, how do i check?

No need mate, there winbond BH5 chips ;)

Arrrrrrggg still having issues. However THIS time I know what the problem is. My mobo is ****ed up. The mobo physically will not boot past 280. Preping for an RMA

On the lines of ram i have some DDR400 PDP 2-3-2-5 TCCD ram is it going to be any good for my AMD build at the end of this year?

bass said:
No need mate, there winbond BH5 chips ;)

hmm...how can i be sure?

edit: nevermind, i'm positive its bh5.....i'll be replacing my motherboard tomorrow

and i know i should search this but since i'm here i might as well ask, does bh5 REQUIRE absurd amounts of voltage to hit lets say 290 running at 166?

Last edited:
thousandLies said:
hmm...how can i be sure?

edit: nevermind, i'm positive its bh5.....i'll be replacing my motherboard tomorrow

and i know i should search this but since i'm here i might as well ask, does bh5 REQUIRE absurd amounts of voltage to hit lets say 290 running at 166?
No it shouldnt. Im having the same issue. My mobo wont boot beyond 278 which is a serious problem for me :-/ So the mobo has got to go.

sent, how do you know if its your ram or your mobo that wont go over 280fsb? even if it wont, just use the 10x multi, dont waste time rmaing a mobo that was only guaranteed to do 200fsb. My mobo did 300fsb, this is the highest I tested it so far but CPU-z says I got a newcastle and dual channel wont post. I can get into windows at 2.6GHz at 1.4(overvolts to 1.45) but more volts does not help me overclock higher, it only stabilizes 2.6GHz. I think 2.54GHz at 1.4v was stable. This newcastle sure does not like volts!

sent, how do you know if its your ram or your mobo that wont go over 280fsb? even if it wont, just use the 10x multi, dont waste time rmaing a mobo that was only guaranteed to do 200fsb. My mobo did 300fsb, this is the highest I tested it so far but CPU-z says I got a newcastle and dual channel wont post. I can get into windows at 2.6GHz at 1.4(overvolts to 1.45) but more volts does not help me overclock higher, it only stabilizes 2.6GHz. I think 2.54GHz at 1.4v was stable. This newcastle sure does not like volts!

on my old setup (unlocked 2500+, nf7s) i couldn't do 210 at 1:1 with this ram =\

(though i suppose there's always the likelyhood of me doing something wrong)

Back