• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SETI on ATI?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This would be great. They make a 3850 AGP card so I could even update my old office rig (AMD socket A AGP system). My Intel Imac has a 2600XT in it as well and it's folding right now quite happily.

I wonder how the performance will be though. ATI is still hurting in terms of relative performance to the CUDA counterparts for Folding due to the different architecture.

Either way, more GPU's crunching is always better.

I have a bunch of Old(like all in wonder 8500DV)Cards that i hope this will work for :D
Close to Metal (or CTM, AMD/ATI's version of CUDA) was only available on x1900 or newer cards. None of the 7000, 8000, 9000 or x000 series cards will work. It's too bad for me as well as I've got a 9800Pro and x800XT sitting around.

i hope they hurry up with the ATI app, im going to have either 6 4670's or 4850's in a i7 rig.

yea NV wanted to push cuda big time..... for them it makes sense to do that to try to drive sales up since after all. they dont sell cpu's just mobo's and intel is tring to put the kybosh on NV making i7/i5 chipsets.

Back