• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SETI Team Race- Sign Up Here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eaglescouter

Frustrating Senior SETI Nut!
Enter your Seti user name in this thread if you wish to participate in the OCforums SETI Team Race.

Roster:
Recent Average/Seti Profile/Forum ID (if different)
1. 1631 / eaglescouter
2. 232 / alt.dc_support / Several Users
3. 1789 / The Wiizzard
4. 2252 / Eliminator
5. 6741 / Hatch Hill Farm / Berkinh
6. 3205 / Dave H / Vento1
7. 1651 Floridabear
8. 0 / swmpthng
9. 3035 / Stryfe
10. harakusara
11. 485 / ilikepie
12. 648 / WaTTz
13. 826 / RyanJ / Thoth
14. 1622 / Alexhk
15. 10028 / markodude / marko and trevs farm
16. 26 / TC
17. Tyrinon
18. MICTLAN AND DK JEDI ALLIANCE
19. zulfy26
20. katelin
21. Quietice
22. CRFIII / Charlie
23. Heizer7 / jheizer
24. Blohin / Skender Buqaj
25. Morpheus

alt.dc_support includes:
sno.lcn
Hamm3r
TollhouseFrank
Stratcatprowlin

Last edited:
need some help!

i'm not sure what seti race is , i'll look in to it after i figure out how to join seti, i tried the link on seti home page but it said the server had problems, i read what tc had to say about seti and that combined with the fact that i am stress testing my new machine makes it all sound like fun. currently i'm running prime95 and so far i'm stable, i would like to run seti@home with it to give machine a good work out and i also have a second or third machine i would use but i can't join, don't know how. can ya hep mi owt!:) poynt mee in da rite diewrecksion. thanx - rick

swmpthng said:
i'm not sure what seti race is , i'll look in to it after i figure out how to join seti, i tried the link on seti home page but it said the server had problems, i read what tc had to say about seti and that combined with the fact that i am stress testing my new machine makes it all sound like fun. currently i'm running prime95 and so far i'm stable, i would like to run seti@home with it to give machine a good work out and i also have a second or third machine i would use but i can't join, don't know how. can ya hep mi owt!:) poynt mee in da rite diewrecksion. thanx - rick

A SETI Team Race:
1. Only open to members of the OCForums SETI Team
2. Completely voluntary
3. Participation comes by posting your SETI user name in the signup thread
4. Teams are assembled from the participants by a race organizer
5. Race goes for a specified period of time or to a specified number of points
6. Goal is for each race team to try to increase their production more than the other teams by overclocking, building/acquiring more machines and optimizing their clients.

Team Race Goals:
1. Increase total team production levels
2. Build a spirit of friendly competition
3. Have fun!

I've started recording names into the database that the team race runs from. I added a few from the other thread.

Here's what I've got so far:
Stryfe
Eliminator
Mictlan and DK Jedi Alliance
Tyrinon
AlexHK
swmpthng
Floridabear
Dave H
Hatch Hill Farm
Eliminator
The_Wiizzard
stratcatprowlin
alt.dc_support

That's 12 so far, hopefully we can get 20+. We should leave the signup open for a while because there are invariably latecomers who want in on the action.

Last race was 3 teams to 1 million credit but that was with the old app, not the new enhanced one. If we were to do 1 million again I think we'd need to just go with two teams. 4 teams to 500k could work nicely too. What do you guys think though?

We have some really heavy hitters already signed up, add up their total daily production and divide by the proposed number of teams, that would give a good basis.

Stratcatprowlin is part of alt.dc, not an individual entrant.

The RAC of the 11 people signed up so far is 23k/day!

2 teams = 11,500/day
3 teams = 7,650/day
4 teams = 5,750/day
5 teams = 4,600/day
6 teams = 3,800/day

Those numbers will of course grow as people join but not a tons since as eaglescouter said we've got a bunch of the heavy hitters on board already.

eaglescouter said:
Stratcatprowlin is part of alt.dc, not an individual entrant.
Thanks, I'll fix that

8 of our top 20 are currently signed up, so there are many heavy hitters still to come aboard :)

Current weekly average top 20 is:
1 marko and trevs farm (IN)
2 Hatch Hill Farm (IN)
3 slimm
4 Dave H (IN)
5 Stryfe and crazyastro (IN)
6 nmeofdst8
7 Eliminator (IN)
8 hotdealdave
9 lotas
10 Tyrinon (IN)
11 Jeff