• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for the support Mudddoctor. :thup:
If you will want optmizations look @ this thread @ seti forums -> link

You just need to pick the one that your CPU supports, download it, close boinc and extract it into your boincdir\projects\setiathome.berkeley.edu\ and then open boinc again.

Once again welcome to the team :)

Thanks for the link to the optimized clients, Hamm3r. I just installed the Core 2 optimized client on my main rig and I'm about to install it on my e6300 system also. BTW, I was just checking and under my 2 c2d rigs I'm showing credit as pending for about 10 results. How long does it usually take for the credit to be granted?

You recieve credits when results have been validated. (each WU is sent to 3 random users and results are compared). It should be a day or 2. When you start it usually takes a little longer because you return your first results in a very short period of time so you must wait longer for others to finish the same wu. (because they have large work caches so it takes a while until downloaded WU gets processed). But when things start to roll after a few days you will constantly get some credit :)

Thank you Vento1. I just swapped another mobile A64 machine over. Actually, it has about 5 more frames left to do with the folding wu left on it, but I went ahead and set up bionc and an optimized client on it. I'm leaving both running as so far it looks like boinc and F@H are playing pretty nice together, with both getting about 50% of the cpu according to task manager. It should finish that last folding wu off sometime tonight then it will just be crunching Seti.

Yea they work together without problems. Once I accidentally didnt stop FAH on my Barton2500+ and turned Boinc on, the system worked for almost 3 weeks that way without problems until I realised what happened.

I really need to check the Team section more often :-/ you can count me in as well, eaglescouter! Don't know how much HP I can add compared to some of you guys but a little is better than none. Just let me know when things are going to start so I can suspend Einstein again as I did for our race - it's only 10% but every little bit, ya' know? ;) The link you provided isn't working right now so I'm kinda' in the dark here.

:welcome: to the SETI team muddocktor - always good to have more MHz crunching numbers!

Edit: eaglescouter, I noticed in the "Internation" thread PhysX, aka "FrostByte", mentioned wanting in on this ...

Last edited:
I am in

i have a
Core Duo Laptop
Mac Mini
P4 3.0GHZ
and maybe my main rig Opteron 165

Username: Mils

sorry people, maybe me helping with a race right now is a bad idea. my laptop died a few days ago and i think the psu in my main rig is failing, i dont know when its going or when im getting a new one.

My guess would be Fortron Source.

BTW eaglescouter, were you ever going to update your first post with the new sign ups? *poke* *poke* :D

eaglescouter said:
Who is FSP ?
Yep - Fortron Source. I've been very happy with the couple I've bought. From 450W and down they're cheap w/no shortage of volts and no droops that I've found. They have more expensive, higher watt varieties too. Even the SeaSonic I bought came up a hair short on 12v but I've never heard any complaints about FSP.

BTW - Thanks for updating ... :)

A little confused about whats going on here but if there is a race and the OCforums is invovled count me in :)

Alexhk said:
A little confused about whats going on here but if there is a race and the OCforums is invovled count me in :)
From what i can tell, its a multi-team race, basically with different teams instead of just different people in the forums.

Back