• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team B - SETI Race

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, the MB that was due today got left at the UPS warehouse, at least that's what tracking says. The vid card, which was part of the same order, managed to get here. Anybody know if UPS still delivers on Saturday ...?

got one of them back up and running last night. had family matters to attend to, and checking on my rigs was the least of my worries. ought to be able to check this evening real fast and see what is going on with them when i get home from work around 7.

Ok team got my replacement motherboard today, i have installed all the hardware and every thing works will reformat the hard drive tomorrow and get this rig crunching .

Vento1 said:
Ok team got my replacement motherboard today, i have installed all the hardware and every thing works will reformat the hard drive tomorrow and get this rig crunching .

And team B further strengthens their lead!

Ok, so I'm using my imaginary stats page to claim we are in the lead, but you know it's true, don't you :D

ARRRGH! lost the power supply in Gemini II... my main cruncher... has other problems also... got another PS going but it's kicking off after an hour or so... dang it... I'm trying to hold on guys, but under a black cloud right now. :bang head

Spent 4 hrs trying to get the drivers to load for new motherboard disc refuses to load infact now it refuses to run any disc i have changed drives reinstalled winxp 3 times changed every setting in bios regarding drives checked the disc works on my other rig.I am not impressed.

Well i have got my x6800 crunching a few minutes ago what a pain still can't use the dvd drive also it wont load the drivers for my machII :bang head the fan on the graphics card just failed :mad: but it is crunching @3.9 will try for more tomorrow.

I have now been living with my new rig for three days what a pain it is the Abit board has an issue above 370fsb it restarts every 4hrs it seams this is a common fault. I will put up with this until the race ends then unless Abit release a new bios which cures this i will be dumping this board for something more stable.

OK, new MB is mounted and the 4400 is now kicking out WUs like a good X2 should! Have no idea what the issue was with the A8N-VM, I just got tired of messing with it and bought an A8N32 (same as my main rig) for cheap. I'm also trying out my first case-less set-up, I mounted it to a slab of 1/2" plywood, which I'll be hanging on the wall after the race (didn't want to mess around too much). I think I'm going to call it Picasso - with the odd mounting angles I used it looks kinda' like some of his stuff ...

QuietIce said:
OK, new MB is mounted and the 4400 is now kicking out WUs like a good X2 should! Have no idea what the issue was with the A8N-VM, I just got tired of messing with it and bought an A8N32 (same as my main rig) for cheap. I'm also trying out my first case-less set-up, I mounted it to a slab of 1/2" plywood, which I'll be hanging on the wall after the race (didn't want to mess around too much). I think I'm going to call it Picasso - with the odd mounting angles I used it looks kinda' like some of his stuff ...

sounds like a photo is in order :)

Hey, hey! One hundred to-day!!! But I'll wait to change my avatar until I'm at 99 - I've seen occasions when the list shifts up or down by one for some odd reason.

eaglescouter said:
sounds like a photo is in order :)
Picasso.JPG

The odd angles are for cooling. When it's finally wall mounted it'll be sitting above the room air purifier so I'm going to deflect a little air from it to help cool the HDD and video. The HDD should deflect air onto the video heatsink. Hopefully the angles will allow the hot air to clear the RAM and CPU but I may have to use the data cables to help ...

Yep, it's a Ninja - a real monster but not as top heavy as they look. It did a really good job in the case but not so good now. I need a little more airflow than I'm getting but I think the wall mount will take care of that - it's kind of in a dead air zone on my computer bench ...

QuietIce said:

ya hav it all rong!
peecoso's work looks alot lyk yurs!!!:beer::beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
yur a reel artist!! he was a copycat of yurs from the past or to him it wood hav been the future.
he jus sat thar one day an thought to hmslf, " hmmmm, i think i'm going to paint pictures of the rigs that i think quietice is going to build!" and he went to work and got alllll the credit and you got , well........... nothing! :bang head

Back