• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team B - SETI Race

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sno.lcn said:
I'll pull some more of my folding powah as soon as I get a chance, maybe tomorrow if I can get by the office. I'll also try and squeeze a few more mhz out of the rigs I already have crunching :D
Good :) I want a nice lead before this race is over

Finally got the 2100 back on-line so it d/l'ed about a week's worth of crunching late yesterday and should show up on today's credits.

"4400x2" is now crunching numbers for Team B! It's impact won't be too obvious for a few days because the 2100 and the Opty need to run Einstein to finish their WUs. I suspended Einstein on them last Saturday for that little extra boost but the WUs are due late next week. Too bad I didn't catch the Race thread earlier ...

Last edited:
I went to the office to switch some folding power over for the race but ran into some problems. On the dually xeon, when I clicked the boinc install nothing happened. Don't know why though, it's running win2k server and boinc works fine on another rig I'm running the same os on.
Then I went to install as a service on another office rig and at the end it gave me some crap about not being able to start the service because maybe I didn't have permission. Well I was logged in as admin and gave boinc the right admin name and password so what gives? I don't run it as a service on my home compies so I've never installed it as a service before. I figured it would install as easily as fah does.
If could install the regular way but people will question the icon in system tray. It doesn't matter because I'm their network admin and I'm allowed to run whatever I want on whatever computers I want, but I don't feel like a bunch of people calling me on Monday asking what this boinc thing is running on thier compies.
Any suggestions?

If you are logged in, and install it as a service, give it the login pass for your current login, you should have no problems (other than the stupid "cant connect to project" error that is not an error)

I'll try to run back up there either tonight or in the morning and try again. I figured I was maybe doing something wrong so I'll try on one of my home compies, whichever finishes it's WU next so I don't trash any work ;)

Einstein has finally cleared off the Opty so starting tomorrow UTC both the Opty and the 4400 will be running 100% SETI. That should take my daily to about 1800 or so - not much compared to most of you guys but almost double for me ...

Sadly I'm about taped out right now, would of had a A64 single core borg but after I reformatted it and reloaded windows its hard drive decided to commit suicide so I won't be able to touch it again until christmas break.

I love it how eaglescouter and me have had almost equal production and keep climbing on each others head trying to get on top. I swear every time I look we keep switching and frankly all this flip-flopping is starting to make me dizzy.

After a short while of team Marko and trev ;) opening up their weekly average gap were starting to bring it closer again. Couple more rigs and we might be there.

Overall though this race is doing wonders for the OCforums team. Were up to 114k RAC and thats still lagging behind our weekly average. :clap:

Alexhk said:
I love it how eaglescouter and me have had almost equal production and keep climbing on each others head trying to get on top. I swear every time I look we keep switching and frankly all this flip-flopping is starting to make me dizzy.

Way to go guys. I'm afraid I'm not much of a match for ya, Alex--you've ramped up more than me. Geez, if I could only get my hands on all those Dell Core 2 boxes I just ordered...

-- FB

We're gaining guys! A couple days ago we were 25k behind, now it's down to 17k.

I'm working on getting the optimized client on my farm. I'm not sure when I'll be able to get some of the machines that aren't located here at home though.

I'll try and get some of those office rigs switched tonight as well, gotta run over there and load up a bunch of compies w/ autocad anyway. If I can't get the service install I'll just do the normal one and leave everyone a note about it :)

*Edit: I still can't get the service to work there so I tried it on one of my home rigs and it worked fine. If you give a bad login or password it immediately tells you so WTF?

Last edited:
Back