• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team B - SETI Race

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Okay I have my desktop stable at 3.1Ghz now that I put some cooling on my DS3's northbridge. Sadly i've hit a FSB wall on the stupid thing and nothing past 344 is stable but oh well it will do. Also I'll be adding 2 more athlon xp rigs to my collective when i make it home on wednesday.

I re-optimized 7 rigs this morning, ensuring that I used the newest version of the Chicken optimizer.

Note: If you use the all in one auto installer, it will not give you the latest optimized client. The newest one must be manually installed.

Got the clients on both my seti rigs (4ghz 930 and stock e6400) updated last week and they seem to be doing quite nicely, they already hold the #1 and @2 spot on alt.dc:D I'll load up a 2.8ghz p4 tonight:p

Last edited:
Optimized QuietIce but ByteMe is incommunicado until I figure out the *$&@%* wireless card. Why is Linksys stuff so tough to get installed??? Of course, once it's done it works forever!

Suspended Einstein and cranked it up to 2.8GHz from my usual 2.7GHz. In addition, sometime early next week my new (but cheap) MB should be here so I'll be adding another X2 very soon. :D

BTW - Are we gonna' remain "Team B" or ...?

Last edited:
optimized both my comps. and might be able to squeeze 50-100mhz more outta each one...

just finished need for speed carbon... so hopefully my numbers should level out.. :rolleyes:

I put my faith in the "automatic installer" and it was only correct 50% of the time. After doing some research, I found that only 3 out of my 6 computers were using the right optimization. My Core2Duo has been running the wrong opti from the very beginning...but not anymore !!! :)

Some bad news looks like my new Abit AW9D Max is dead there is no power gettin to the board from the 8 pin 12V ATX connector just waiting on Abit customer support to get back to me.

kinda off topic, but it has to do with my production for the team...

i'd like to know which of these combos would do best crunching...

3.0c @ 3500mhz, ram 5:4 (186mhz ram @ 2-3-3-7)
3.0c @ 3248mhz, ram 1:1 (216mhz ram @ 2.5-4-4-8)
2.8e @ 3400mhz, ram 5:4 (194mhz ram @ 2.5-3-3-8)
2.8e @ 3024mhz, ram 1:1 (216mhz ram @ 2.5-4-4-8)

assuming 3.0c running sse2 and 2.8e running sse3 clients.

i would run both at the same time, but i'm short a few pieces of 3 complete machines.

Thanks

GO TEAM B!

I seem to do better running 1:1 on my Prescotts than going 5:4. Also, the o/c'd Prescott should run better than the NW b/c of the 1mb cache. I may be wrong...

it's not a plane,or bird, or little Frog just little ole me........

[SIZE="7"]UNDERDOG[/SIZE]

shhhhhhhhh! you can't see me , i'm wearing my camo's! i'm here spying on you guys !

Back