• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team B - SETI Race

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
.....................................RAC
Hatch Hill Farm...............+5.9%
Tyrinon.............................................+19.8% :burn:
Stryfe and crazyastro......+2.0%
Eliminator......................+3.8%
AlexHK..........................+11.6%
eaglescouter..................+8.4%
alt.dc_support.....................................+19.6% :burn:
The_Wiizzard....................+0.0%
Dave H.......................... -5.6%
Charlie .......................... -10.7%
RyanJ ...........................Zero production
QuietIce ........................Zero production

eaglescouter said:
.....................................RAC
QuietIce ........................Zero production
Something is wrong somewhere - I've been updating as I usually do and I'm showing my usual number of completed units when I check "your results". The X2 is running fine @ 2.8GHz with a recent optimizer update. I cranked it up a notch Sunday afternoon for the race. I just passed gonzo & Cyklopz on RAC. :D

From our main Team Stats page (B&I is 20-Nov and 21-Nov):
112) QuietIce 761.9 1035.0 1270.7 782.8 1316.8 735.7 1589.3 1440.0 8932.3 103002.9 1043.6 1116.5
http://boinc.setiatwork.com/team/stats.cgi?teamid=30199

Now my second machine (the old XP @ ~90 credits/day) has been off the network the past few days and hasn't been able to report. Tried to add a Linksys wireless card to it so I could move it into the other room and now the 3Com won't work either! :mad:

As for our name how about Crunch Time! ...?

Edit: Oops - my bad. Eliminator is about to eliminate me. Well, at least he's on our team!!!

Last edited:
Ya' I forget about our race page until after the post - you're right it shows an error of 0% for me. Can you get in touch with Stryfe or should I? Also makes me wonder if RyanJ's is a glitch, too ...

QuietIce said:
Ya' I forget about our race page until after the post - you're right it shows an error of 0% for me. Can you get in touch with Stryfe or should I? Also makes me wonder if RyanJ's is a glitch, too ...

I have sent him a PM on behalf of the entire race crew (both teams). No reason to flood his pm box :)

If you looked at the Berkeley's database status line it said Down. I suspect Stryfe's script was in the middle of updating when the server went down explaining why some users had current info and some were listed at 0. If you check now you'll see everything is working as it should be and Berkeley's database status is listed as up.

Alexhk said:
If you looked at the Berkeley's database status line it said Down. I suspect Stryfe's script was in the middle of updating when the server went down explaining why some users had current info and some were listed at 0. If you check now you'll see everything is working as it should be and Berkeley's database status is listed as up.
Your suspicions are correct. Either the stats pages were temporarily unavailable or just very slow to respond and the script timed out. The script was able to get the first page worth of stats so that's why the stats were correct for a few people. My script tries it's best to verify the pages are up before updating but sometimes things change between verification and the actual update. It's a rare occasion, maybe three times in six months. I check things every night to make sure everything's running smoothly so even if it does happen, it'll be fixed quickly.

For everyone's peace of mind I should add, if it does happen it doesn't compromise the race in anyway, the starting totals are kept in a separate table in the database which is only ever editted at the start of a new race.

QuietIce said:

i know for a fact that i uploaded 1.2k creds as soon as the race started.;) and i remember seeing it on the stats page... cause i was 2nd on the team in new creds... then i was 2nd last... makes me wanna get my prescott running again...

OK, If the race page wont load, and even when it did it was 'apparently' incorrect, then does anyone know who is winning this race so far :confused: last i checked team A were slightly ahead, but team B were at that point out crunching team A.... so it looked like we were going to overtake...

Anyone got an accurate update on the current status? :)

Just took a look at the stats - I'm up 13% and I haven't added any new rigs, yet. I suspended Einstein for awhile, that's ~10%, so the new optimizers account for ~3% increase, nice!

CRFIII said:
Darnnit, I lost pump on "Dreamboat"(watercooling:~)... I'll get it going this weekend.
:eek: Hope everything is OK ...

Sorry eaglescouter, but I am tapped out. :bang head I was hoping to build three more Presler dual cores in the last month or so, but I had to buy a new washer b/c our nine year old unit died (out $500), new tires for my p/u (out another $300), planned vet trip for our three cats (yearly check up, $100 (why did I want cats again?)), and a bunch of other stuff the cars and house has nickel and dimed me out of... I'm about ready to get a second job for my computer habit, but just don't know where I could pull the time from. I swear sometimes... :confused: lol Hope is not lost, and I will do what I can, just can't guarantee anything at this time. :shrug:

I know what you mean Tyrinon, I had to buy a replacement engine for my truck this week, which required a rental vehicle to make the family thanksgiving trip possible..... Sometimes real life stinks, but the crunching shall continue!

Your efforts are appreciated. Sometimes the best we can do is to optimize the clients, coax a bit more overclock out of the cpu, and twist the next door neighbors arm and convince them to crunch for the team :)

I'm hoping there was no permanent damage... still boots fine but has to have pump to run... expecially OC'ed... after holiday I hope to get it going again...

Apologies to the team... I'll get it together.

eaglescouter said:
I added another 2.8Ghz prescott to the farm today.

Common Team B, who's got some hidden horsepower we can crank up?

i added another cruncher... and yet again i'm faced with a decision...

2.8e @ 3.4 ram @ 5:4 (194mhz)
or
2.4c @ 3.4 ram @ 3:2 (189mhz)
(prefer Northwood > prescott cause of heat on that machine, but if you guys think it'll put out more i'll change out)

w00t for adding horsepower!
go team B!

I'll pull some more of my folding powah as soon as I get a chance, maybe tomorrow if I can get by the office. I'll also try and squeeze a few more mhz out of the rigs I already have crunching :D

Thoth, I get better numbers from Prescotts than I do from NW's b/c of the 1mb cache of the Prescotts. My 2.8e at ~3.1g 1:1 is putting out over 600 cs. My 3.0e @ 3.27g 1:1 is putting out almost 500 cs. Likely cause for the low numbers on the 3.0e is that my son is always playing games on it. The game playing activity will be limited for the race. ;) Can't really give good NW estimates (running a 2.4c and 3.06b, neither O/C'd), b/c they were running Rosetta before the race, but I would guess a possible 300-350 cs for SETI. Time during the race will tell for that one. :beer:

Back