• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Setting up raid 0 on Max 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BrandonV

I ordered two Maxtor 80GB SATA drives for a raid 0 array. I also have 2 120GB WD IDE drives that I want to keep as xtra storage drives.
I will install a fresh copy of Xp pro once setup.

I've never setup a raid array before, what do I need to know especially pertaining to the Max 3?

A few ?'s:
-which sata connectors on the mobo do I use?
-do I keep the IDE's unhooked until the SATA's are setup and the OS is opperational?
-I've also heard to keep the optical drives off the IDE connector while installing, any truth to this?

Thx.

You can use the SATA 1-2 connectors which are controlled by the northbridge or the 3-4 connectors (the ones on the bottom) which run off the southbridge.

Go ahead and keep the ide's disconnected for the first time. Itll be less confusing.

It shouldnt matter about the optical drives.

Make sure you remember to hit F6 and install the sata and raid drivers at the beginning of the windows install.

BrandonV said:
Are the sata & raid drivers on the Abit disk or ?????

The SATA/RAID drivers should be on a floppy that came with the board .
If you do not have the floppy from the m/board , then you may download the drivers from ABIT HERE

Last edited:
Back