• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Setup my first quadcore rig :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toomnymods

I dunno if i'm using the best AK_v8 optimization though.. im ussing the SSSE version.. is this the best one this Q6600 can handle? i'm still running stock multiplier and stock settings on the mobo right now just till i can make sure everything is working alright..

what kinda performance can i expect to get from this aircooled?? (still havent gotten my watercooled plate in yet) just wondering how far i could bump up the multi and FSB

Right now it is completing 4 WU's ever 1hr and 20 to 1hr and 28 mins which i guess isnt horrible but i really thought this rig would be capable of doing like 4 every 30 mins?

any ideas?

Last edited:
Im able to run 4 medium WUs in 44-45 minutes on my q6600 @ 3.2, aircooled. Is your quad a G0? If so, you should have very little problems getting 3.2 (Im running 8x400 on mine right now at 1.2v) to 3.6 (9x400 works but I don't like the 68C load temps it creates at 1.35v) which would get you down into the same range.

If you are using the SSSE3.x version ok AK's optimizer, than you are using the correct version. SSE4.x is the 45nm chips and Core i7.

Well my q6600 @ 3.1Ghz (which is also my general use computer) is sitting on 4k RAC. Like rick said, 3.2Ghz is pretty much a gimme for most q6600 chips so expect 4k+ from your rig.

Did you hear that? That was your RAC saying thank you for getting a quad ;)

Im able to run 4 medium WUs in 44-45 minutes on my q6600 @ 3.2, aircooled. Is your quad a G0? If so, you should have very little problems getting 3.2 (Im running 8x400 on mine right now at 1.2v) to 3.6 (9x400 works but I don't like the 68C load temps it creates at 1.35v) which would get you down into the same range.

If you are using the SSSE3.x version ok AK's optimizer, than you are using the correct version. SSE4.x is the 45nm chips and Core i7.

i really don't know how to overclock this thing.. looking in the bios the mobo has some funky fsb settings i've never seen before think called mcp or something like that and the multiplier is locked at 9 (which is stock) it will go lower but not higher.. anyone ever overclock a EVGA sli mobo??

went back into bios since the processor at full load still wasnt even over 100f i went ahead and cranked it up another 350 mhz,lol man im amazed this is over 900 mhz increase and still virtually rock stable crunching WU's and barely 101f temps across all cores.. running 9 multi, 1425 cpu fsb = 3.26ghz on aircooled!! lol havent seen this sort of overclock since my old AMD thunderbird days and even then i barely got 400mhz outta that thing..

still havent messed with memory timings yet, what should i set this 4gb of OC'z 6400 ddr timings to??

i really have no clue what is good i know lower is better but i still want a stable system for gaming :p

Back