• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SFII 9cm on a SP-97?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ian

I've been reading good reviews about the Thermaltake Smart Case Fan II and I'm about to order one for my new heatsink, probably a SLK-947U or SP-97. However, I have a question.

http://www.thermaltake.com/accessories/dcfan/smartfan/a202829.htm

In Thermaltake's site, there're 80mm, 90mm and 120mm models, however, according to Thermalright, either of the above heatsink takes 92mm fans only, is it possible to use the "SFII 90mm" with it? Or shall I get a SFII 80mm instead?

Thanks in advance.

it should be possible to use either the 90mm or the 80mm (tho the 90mm may require you to bend the wire mounting clips a bit), but personally id go for the 80mm as it has a smaller dead spot...

yes im pretty sure the 90mm will fit. even tho the 80mm has a smaller deadspot the 92 will push so much more air... i doubt it will be much of a problem

I've heard you don't get any gain going from 80 mm to 92 mm with the Thermalright heatsinks - due to edge overhang and the larger dead spot as mentioned.

the wesson

Back