• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show off your hardware. New toys, old toys, current victims of hardware abuse.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I won the SS in auction for $80 USD shipping was $127.10 USD and that is why I almost died when my 80$ bid was the winner, $210 was unreal. I can post invoices and receipts for those who doubt. It is otw with ups, 77lbs from Cali. It says -50 but its 4 years old so idk what it'll do with new hardware, or old really.

Man that's still a steal for that price even if you have to put $200 into it.

Nice toy. Springfield makes some fantastic guns. That one looks like a nice carry piece.

Got an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 CPU here that came in earlier this week.

I'm hoping this one can run faster than the one currently occupying my main PC, and if it could do it with lower voltage for the overclock, that would be nice too.

It's an older date code than my other one (L732, as opposed to L8-something-er-rather), and it has a lower VID (this one is 1.25v, whereas the one in my main PC is 1.325v). So, indications so far are promising, as I've heard that the older ones (pre-2008) typically overclocked better. Plus, a lower VID generally isn't a bad thing, means less power draw at the wall and typically lower core temperatures at the same frequency.

Just started testing last night.

DSCN3352.JPG

IMG_20150210_124928[1].jpg IMG_20150210_124715[1].jpg IMG_20150210_123113[1].jpg

It came!! :clap: After cleaning out the packaging popcorn and taking some pics I turned it on... It was really quiet... temps started rising ever so slightly. I touched the compressor to see if Ii could find out what was going on and it was Hot! I think the compressor is bad. It barely vibrates and just gets hotter. I only had it on for like 3 - 5 mins but that was my initial thoughts. I don't know how long I should leave it on before it should be working, maybe longer than that. But it was getting kinda hot.

I was surprised to find a heavy-duty aluminum 180.4 - 60mm square shaped rad with G1/4 threads :D

EDIT: That rad is HUGE!!

It will not fit in the Tt core x9!

IMG_20150210_141741[1].jpg

Last edited:
I don't know how hot those machines run Devlos but did the head get cold?? That'll tell you if it's working or not.

No it didn't. In fact the temp was climbing by .1 C very slowly and eventually went from 22C to 23.3C before I shut it off.
I don't even know what is under that insulation on the left but the one on the right is what I think is dead. It just isn't making enough noise IMO

IMG_20150210_143808[1].jpg

I would try and find some one who knows how to work that Chiller as looking at it from here it could need 2 things the cooling fluid needs topping up, and it might be the fluid needs to be pumped through it before you switch it on. :shrug:

By running it as it is there could be a possibility of some damage to the parts, i just been reading you need to place it on a level surface and let the gas settle for 24 hours before switch on! :attn:

I have just found the site in the USA with maybe the same looking machine i hope, so try these people to see if they can help you with your questions!!! ;) :thup:

1, http://www.dimastechusa.com/dimastech-phase-change-system-rotary-1-2hp

2, http://www.dimastechusa.com/

3, DIMASTECH SYSTEMS INC
4700, NW 128 St
Opa-locka 33054

Tel. +1 786-483-7521.

- See more at: http://www.dimastechusa.com/contacts#sthash.r1YLywHs.dpuf

Ajay.

lol when I saw opa locka, for real, not because of the name but because it is close to me. Thanks again man!

I'll give it 24hrs and try again. If nothing then I'll give that number a call.

Mine is the 1.7hp

Probably the refrigerant has leaked out. I am not sure if it has a low pressure shut off. Dimastech is mostly european but shipping would keep you from shipping it there to fix it. They probably cant fix at the place by you (opalocka), but maybe you will get lucky. You may find a local refrigeration place that could fix it. There are a few guys around that can work on em, but finding someone that can do a reliable job is tough. Funsoul has had some experience.

I was just hoping they had a instruction book for it SB so he was not working blind, and maybe stop any potential damage to the unit he has just purchased as i said a phone call might be helpful! :shrug:

Ajay.

Not bad CL12 @ 3000. How do you find it compared to the others you have tested?

I find my board broken :p ... but really corrupted BIOS while testing this Crucial memory and I found out that 2nd BIOS chip is dead ( probably was from the beginning ). Flashed back one BIOS but lost all OC profiles.

I was testing Crucials before and this Elite kit is much better. Maybe different IC or better binning but they're acting somehow different. I mean 12-12-12 at low voltages is really great. I couldn't stabilize it but even 13-13-13 1.35V is great comparing to other memory kits.
I have some issues with my motherboard as it's losing one memory stick at 3000+ and what's weird it's happening only with Micron or Samsung IC on B1 or C1 slots. Results in my last post were after correct boot with all sticks. I was already checking voltages, timings and some additional settings, no difference.

Maybe your BIOS is just dorked , chip and all. I think you're familiar with the RMA process.

One chip seems dead but other looks fine and I made recovery yesterday. I will check some more on new BIOS. I don't really want to RMA this board right now as I have to finish reviews and RMA will take 3-4 weeks :-/

Hopefully a "better" bios will help. Which board is it? Asus right?

Back