• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Showing strange hardware in device manager

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vanibanez

I started up my pc this morning and Windows XP asked for drivers for a PCI device. I figured it might be something corrupt from the NF4 chip set drivers so I reinstalled those but still nothing. When I let Windows install from a list of drivers it shows a Compaq Deskpro Thermal Sensor. The weird thing is that I don't have a Compaq. Here's my specs:

DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D
AMD 3800 dual core
3GB samsung ram (2x1gb, 2x512mb)
ATI HD 3650
OCZ Stealth Extreme 600w
samsung Sata 2 hard drive
Western Digital IDE drive

Anyone have an idea as to why this suddenly came up out of the blue? I'm running a virus scan right now to see if there's anything there.

Are all your board sensors working? Compaq may make one of the sensors used on your board.

It's also possible the battery is getting old and messing with the BIOS/CMOS. Did the message persist even after rebooting?

Completed reboot, no error. But Compaq thermal sensor does show fine in device manager, strange that it has appeared out of the blue like this.

Back