• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sl7e5 Vs Sl7kc: The New 3.2e D0 War!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sucka said:
rofl......this is awsome, thanks for having some fun with me. Nothing like an 18 pack to make me go for broke on this CPU, all on air too.....rofl.

And i confess, side open, fan blowing in on it. Fun none the less.

My SL7E5 sure got a nice break-in with that nice competition we just had.... :beer: I tried to run it again but this time at 4.3Ghz but my ram couldnt handle 215Mhz or more Cas2.5, I know if I run it at Cas3 i'd be back to square one which is 33sec..I'll be back though once i get myself a new weapon....

So what was your temps while your were benching?....Mine maxed out at 44C. Room was a little chilly and the side panel was open at that time.....

Great Stuff Bro!!!
Vflux

Wow, at 44C i could push this thing.....lol

I idle at 50-53C. Load is around 60-67C. Abit always confuses me, but that's what it says...

I'm gonna push this a bit more in the next few days, gl with your chip, have fun.

Sucka said:
Wow, at 44C i could push this thing.....lol

I idle at 50-53C. Load is around 60-67C. Abit always confuses me, but that's what it says...

I'm gonna push this a bit more in the next few days, gl with your chip, have fun.

Goodluck with your ram too bro :beer:..I was idling at 38C when i opened my sidepanel and 44C when it ran superpi....Cool stuff. Nothing more than some SL7E5 firepower.....

Vflux

woutertal said:

Woutertal, just by looking at the E0 spec sheet it's juicing 103W...compare to SL7KC/SL7E5 at only 89W..Im wondering too how well it clocks...I bet there's a multi behind that stepping!!.. :D

Vflux said:
Woutertal, just by looking at the E0 spec sheet it's juicing 103W...compare to SL7KC/SL7E5 at only 89W..Im wondering too how well it clocks...I bet there's a multi behind that stepping!!.. :D

If I remember correctly from reading God knows where, these new EO's have multi unlocked like the CO.. Should clock better than the DO or what d'you think? Should be more efficient.. some new form of throttling back by switching to lower multi.. I'm really curious.. the extra Watts of heat are ok.. same as the B8 CO stepping

I've got a SL7E5, and cant get stable over 247fsb also, runnin ocz pc4400, 3-4-4-8, with water cooling and a ddr booster at 3v, so what gives, in theory i should be able to hit 4gig....

screwtech02 said:
I've got a SL7E5, and cant get stable over 247fsb also, runnin ocz pc4400, 3-4-4-8, with water cooling and a ddr booster at 3v, so what gives, in theory i should be able to hit 4gig....

Check out yr PSU situation.. or if you wish tell us what your system specs are and we'll try to be of help

All right... just to show my Superpi results @ 4.010 GHz

Superpi32s_small.JPG

Hey Vflux.. have you noticed how much yr PWM temps drop after doing the capsmod?? I am amazed. The caps get hot as well.. the heat is spread better this way.. fantastic mod..

Hi,

Okay need a little help. Just got my P4c800e-dlx, but unfortunately the support CD is warped beyond readability. I've downloaded all the drivers from asus BUT, for the life of my I cannot find where to download the windows bios flashing utility. I only own one floppy drive, and its a PITA to retrieve.

Thanks!
navig

Navig said:
Hi,

Okay need a little help. Just got my P4c800e-dlx, but unfortunately the support CD is warped beyond readability. I've downloaded all the drivers from asus BUT, for the life of my I cannot find where to download the windows bios flashing utility. I only own one floppy drive, and its a PITA to retrieve.

Thanks!
navig

Last time I used an Asus board there was no windows flash utility

Whoops found it. Apparently the server for the download area was nonfunctioning. It's called Asus Live update.

Thanks.

Best super pi 1m I got was 33s with my SL7E5 FSB 243, 2-2-2-5 A-A-A-A-A @ 3.1V. I'll post some pics when I get my machine up and running.

navig

Navig said:
Best super pi 1m I got was 33s with my SL7E5 FSB 243, 2-2-2-5 A-A-A-A-A @ 3.1V. I'll post some pics when I get my machine up and running.

navig

You can shave a sec off that, or is that the MAX oc you can get? My BH5 needed 3.4~ to hit 246 (my 32sec run). It was a lot easier to use clockgen for those last few FSB than it was to set in BIOS, try that for a tad higher clock.

Back