• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLK 800 installation on cpu question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kimbahpnam

would it be ok to take off the pads on the xp chip and stick on the SLK since it doesn't even touch the Heatsink anyway? thx.

kimbahpnam said:
would it be ok to take off the pads on the xp chip and stick on the SLK since it doesn't even touch the Heatsink anyway? thx.

Why would you want to take the pads off the cpu and put them on the slk, when it should come with it's own pads?

Only thing that I would be concerned about, if you did put the XP's pads on, is if the heatsink had adequate contact with the CPU itself.

Last edited:
we'll just say i destroyed them...is there much difference b/t those pads and the Chip's pads....

and is there somewhere i can get another set of slk pads?

I don't see what it would hurt. The pads aren't used with the slk anyways. Give it a shot, I personally don't use the pads because I don't see the need if you are careful while putting on the heatsink.

GOOD NEWS

i emailed Thermalright earlier this week and told them my situation. to my delight, a few days later i received the pads! =) great service i must say.

Back