• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Smoothwall

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Firstly don't run grizzly if you need "an idiots guide" grizzly is still in alpha stage and is going to have plenty of bugs and is more for experianced users who want to help with the testing, but running it to run your whole network is a big no-no. You want to stick with version 2.0 Final because it is a final version, switch over to 3.0 once it's complete.

anyways I don't have time to write up a whole guide but here are the documentation just follow those.

http://smoothwall.org/docs/

how are you trying to log into it, make sure you have port 81

in your browser type 192.168.0.1:81 (or whatever address you set your green interface too). Also how do you have it set up, is your green NIC just going straight to a PC NIC because if that is the case you need a crossover cable.

Opps! I'm running 3.0 for my first time. It's been running great for me for about 3 months now, so I guess I can't complain. (although I'd love some plug-ins to play with!)

Look over the smoothwall website, they have a couple good install/usage guides in pdf form. Check to make sure you set everything up right, and have all the logistics covered. Also, take TalRW's advise.

Back