• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Sneaky's Back!!! ==> Mean Green Gaming Machine

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oh... temporarily attached a picture of the chick in my avatar? Yes. I'm guilty.

Had to host it on OCF for a split second so EarthDog could view it at work 'cause the old avatar showing her breasts was not G-rated according to the OCF MPAA. Was trying to make it G-rated.

Oh... temporarily attached a picture of the chick in my avatar? Yes. I'm guilty.

Had to host it on OCF for a split second so EarthDog could view it at work 'cause the old avatar showing her breasts was not G-rated according to the OCF MPAA. Was trying to make it G-rated.

I'm not at work ;)

Hehe but yeah, that's what I was referring to. Wire stippers, sexy avatar :p

lol I'm such a child

LMFAO! "Wire Strippers"

I get it now... never even thought about that before.

I'm just as childish as you are! *sigh* Unintentional subliminal messages.

And this afternoon I finally got done soldering and crimping Molex pins on the rest of my Zippy PSL-6C00V 1200w PSU's medusa cables

005_2mb.jpg

Surprisingly not as long as you might think. I'm pretty darn quick when it comes to soldering. Compared to multiple-pass welds on steel that have to pass x-ray testing, soldering molex pins onto tinned wire leads is a cakewalk.

Edit: That's not even ALL the wires... that's just the group of wires that I finished soldering pins onto today. The 24-pin ATX connector and 8-pin EPS connectors already got done last week.

Here's pics of the PSU when I first unboxed it back in April of 2010... just to give you an idea of what I had to tangle with to get to where I am now:

and IMHO, this 1200w Zippy/Emacs unit will take a steaming crap on any PC Power & Cooling unit ever made. This has both Active PFC and 1% line regulation. PC P&C's 1 kilowatt & larger units can't touch that. -- My old Zippy PSL-6701P 700w unit with 45a on the 12v rail is still going strong and I've had that for probably about 10 years now. Not many PSU's will do that and keep voltages within spec without ever touching the pots.

zippy 002.JPG
zippy 004.JPG
zippy 009.JPG
zippy 010.JPG
zippy 015.JPG
zippy 016.JPG
zippy 020.JPG

Attachments

• zippy 011.JPG
    zippy 011.JPG
    343.2 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
I will :clap: for long cables. Most of mine are too short lol.

Although, long cables can b a pain in the rear too. :-/
Can't wait to see this when it's done! :thup:

When you're working in a Extended U2-UFO case, long cables are a blessing.

I HATE PSU's with short stubby wires that you either have to clutter with add-on extensions or solder your own on. -- I'd rather have long *** cables and zip tie them off to the side and hide them if they're not needed.

I haven't seen this done very often within the community... everyone seems to want to individually sleeve each individual wire. Personally never got that because I always sleeved things to avoid having so many loose wires.

Anyways, this is what I came up with for sleeving... I call it "Branched Sleeving" eg: like smaller branches coming off of a larger tree limb. Going to be doing this with all the P4 / EPS 12v / PCI-E wires:

016_2mb.jpg
019_2mb.jpg
023_2mb.jpg
029_2mb.jpg

:thup: I've seen it before and it always looks great.
Good idea :)

I've certainly seen it done before, but not very frequently. Like I said, everyone seems to be stuck on the mono/uni-sleeving trend that started a few years back.

I'm not a fan of the mono/uni-sleeving myself, but I also didn't want to just straight sleeve everything from PSU to molex, so I did this to put a little twist on it. I definitely like how it turned out though. Thanks Silver_Pharaoh!

It looks like they mis matched the greens on your separate parts- the square on the bottom left looks darker vs the main cage. But looks great.

No the problem was that when I ordered the Psycho Lime topcoat, I only ordered 3 lbs. of it (which MM claimed would be more than enough for the case + accessories), but they ended up having to stretch it at the end so everything would be covered.

In the pictures you can definitely see the nuances in the green color when certain parts are next to each other - but in person you can't tell nearly as much as what shows in the pictures when I'm using the flash.

I wish MM would've just let me know that they would need more powder so I could order another 1lb tin of Psycho Lime candy topcoat so everything would match perfectly, but they didn't and almost made due with the 3lbs. In person the nuances in tone are not so contrasting as to take away from the overall aesthetics, so with that said, I'm not going to complain about a slight mismatch.

What's your address, you're sleeving my PSU :drool:

It'll only cost me, ya know $100 to ship it across the border :rolleyes:
Lookin good man :cool:

If you pay me for materials and labor, I'll do it. I've had multiple friends solicit my sleeving and wire management services.

Edit: To save money on shipping, mark it as a "gift" on the customs form.

If you pay me for materials and labor, I'll do it. I've had multiple friends solicit my sleeving and wire management services.

Edit: To save money on shipping, mark it as a "gift" on the customs form.

If only I had the money to do it. I hate college somedays :(

Back