• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So I hear you guys need a hand? :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Full steam ahead. I have no clue about point values and worth in this project... what is a RAC? ROFL? Is there a network install? Where I can push to all machines on the network? Man that would own. Then all I would need is a network FAH uninstaller. Heh.

I have never used it but i am sure there is a drop down menu in the Boinc client manager where you can enter the different machines you have and you can just select which rig you want to check on. I could be wrong here i cant check this as i am at work for the next couple of hours. RAC stands for recent average credit.

RAC = Recent average credit

Windows network? Deploy via Group Policy?
Umm yeah that would work... would need to be an msi tho... or like the way symantec AV rolls out, you select the workstations from the server and it blasts the install out to all the machines you select.

If you run the installer with the /a switch this is what you get ;)

Attachments

• boinc_network.JPG
    boinc_network.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 146
Nik, as far as your question about credits/points, they are pretty much all over the place from almost nothing to 60-70 points max per wu. But they are all based on crunching time so they stay pretty constant. Unlike with F@H and the different points schemes they've come up with for all the different clients. As a matter of fact, Berkeley recently made some changes to the multiplication factor used to figure points/time because the latest clients have been optimized much better than before and they didn't want wholesale points inflation to happen.

1. I personally use SETI@work for stats. Here is our team's page with your stats highlighted. You are currently number 697 on the team in total credit. The green numbers to the right are how many days it will take to overtake the people above you in total credit. These are based on your RAC (see below), which hasn't balanced out yet, so these aren't very accurate for you at the moment.

2. RAC is roughly the amount of credit that machine produces per day averaged over 8 days. There is a formula for it, but I don't remember what it is. Total credit is just that, the total amount of points you have earned so far. The reason you have zero on these is because the units you have returned have not been validated against units returned by other computers. Every WU is crunched by 3 or 4 different machines to make sure everyone gets the same results. They all have to be sent, crunched, returned, compared and validated by the SETI server, this is the reason it takes up to a couple of weeks for your RAC to level off.

EDIT: I forgot we also have a sticky with links to stats sites here, although some of them may be out of date.

Last edited:
Back