• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So I hooked it up.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Haturee

Okay, so I got the crosshair V formula z Motherboard.
It says it has all tehse crazy features, and I'm new to overclocking and messing with this stuff,
so I was wondering if anyone can help me out?
What are these features? How do I get into them?
What do they actually do?
Sorry if its not clear or tough.

Also what programs should I use to view temps and See things going on with my pc?
Like I said I'm new to this so sorry if the answer is right in front of my face.
I jsut dont want to mess anything up. But I really want to learn these things.

Also what programs should I use to view temps and See things going on with my pc?
Like I said I'm new to this so sorry if the answer is right in front of my face.
I jsut dont want to mess anything up. But I really want to learn these things.

HW monitor should do fine for temps as for how to OC with this board I would need to write you an essay especially the DIGI+ part of bios, thats very important. Check out Asus ROG forums for a nice guide on all settings

For Overclocking all you need is the Bios ..... temp monitoring like already mentioned HWMonitor and CPUZ by cupid. For a stress test we tend to recommend Prime95.

Best sort of first post, to really receive good advice...

...in overclocking your parts and pieces.

You May Need Help = We Need Info to Help.
MOBO > Model and Bios version.
CPU & Cooler > Be Specific.
MEMORY > Manufacturer & P/N & Size.
POWER SUPPLY > Manufacturer & Wattage.
VIDEO CARD > Make/Model/How Many.
HDDs/Optical drives > How Many? SSD? Raid/No Raid?
SOUND DEVICE > Onboard or Add-in?
USB > Usb Devices Plugged to Mobo?
O/S > Win? SP? Linux?
Case > Brand/Model/Fans Installed?

RGone...

Back