• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So I hooked up the ColecoVision last night

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FudgeNuggets

had to give it a good cleaning (dusty) and played a few games. Smurf and Carnival didn't keep me occupied very long but Burger Time and Bump N' Jump were such fun games, I'd forgotten how much........ Anybody else other than me occasionally drag out their 25 year old systems to play with?

FudgeNuggets said:
had to give it a good cleaning (dusty) and played a few games. Smurf and Carnival didn't keep me occupied very long but Burger Time and Bump N' Jump were such fun games, I'd forgotten how much........ Anybody else other than me occasionally drag out their 25 year old systems to play with?

I just bought a Magnavox Odessey from 1975 with all the overlays, an Atari 5200, 2600 and a few old pong systems. Can't play them till christmas though, as the wife made me agree to wait:(

The 2600 is what will get played the most when the time comes and I hope to get a Colicovision, Intellevision, Vectrex, etc... over time.

So, yeah. I will be playing Warlords, Adventure, Donkey Kong Jr. and Pitfall soon eough.

I almost bought a Vectrex a few months ago but couldn't bring myself to pay $150 for it. The monitor worked perfectly, had all the overlays and like 25 games too. The last classic system I bought was a Master System. I REALLY want a pinball machine and pachinko machine though. I'm asking my wife to get me a Star Wars pachinko machine for Christmas :D

My mom sold my 2600 in a yard sale nearly 20 years ago without even telling me. Console and about 50 games for $50. I still cringe when I think about it.

Colecovision! Atari 2600 TW! Commodore 64!

I still have all of these original system and a boatload of games at my folks' house, stored in boxes in their attic. Took em down once to play em *vomit*. They were good then. I can't stand the sight of em now.

But back in the day.. yeah.. burger time was the ish as well as many many more. Too numerous to mention.

never liked burgertime but zaxxon was the bomb...even as a kid though i was not really into console system, been a PC gamer since my trs-80. And no i havent pulled one of them out lately either (i hate how slow p4s, imagine needing to pull out a audio tape drive :()

Neur0mancer said:
never liked burgertime but zaxxon was the bomb...even as a kid though i was not really into console system, been a PC gamer since my trs-80. And no i havent pulled one of them out lately either (i hate how slow p4s, imagine needing to pull out a audio tape drive :()

OMG Zaxxon was the bomb! Thanks for the memory.

My dad brought home a coleco vision with Donkey Kong and mousetrap. Eventually we gave it away to "less fortunate " family for christmas along with about 50 games. We had just gotten an NES so we quickly forgot about the ole coleco. Later we got a atari 2600 for nastolgic reasons.

FudgeNuggets said:
yep mine came with Carnival,Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr ! LOVE IT and Popeye too (did not come with Popeye)!

Popeye!!! I totally forgot about Popeye. I loved that game for some reason? All I can remember now is hopping around a pirate ship or something and avoiding/punching Brutus - LOL.

My parents ditched the old Coleco probably 10-15 years ago... I guess I don't miss it all that much. I think I would probably very rapidly lose interest in any of the games if I played them, now. :)

On the other hand...I have been really missing some SNES games and have been slowly trying to get my SNES stuff back together and even come up with some games I was never able to get during those times. A couple weeks ago I went digging around at my parent's house for my old stuff. Luckily, I found all my old games and controllers. The games were the main thing. The system itself and it's cables are still missing...I have an idea where they might be, but can't be sure. Worst case, I might buy one eventually. I came up with a list of games I don't have but want to get someday...

High Priority:

Earthbound
Secret of Mana
Final Fantasy 2

Lesser Priority:

Ogre Battle
Breath of Fire
Breath of Fire 2
Super Metroid
Shadowrun

So...when I get around to spending some money on it, I'll probably be hitting Ebay. Also, my parents usually don't have too many ideas of what to get me for holidays anymore, so I can probably get them to get some for me...especially since my Dad really likes to use Ebay for some reason. He'll probably be glad for an excuse to Ebay. :D

Back