• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So I hooked up the ColecoVision last night

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I played a lot of river raid on the C64. It was a classic.

Don't even get me started on the C64, that was me second computer and MAN did I LOVE that thing (look in the sig). If only it wasn't for the slow as dirt 1541 and 1571 disk drives it could've beat the hell out of any consoles. First computer was a TI99-4A fwiw.....

Don't even get me started on the C64, that was me second computer and MAN did I LOVE that thing (look in the sig). If only it wasn't for the slow as dirt 1541 and 1571 disk drives it could've beat the hell out of any consoles. First computer was a TI99-4A fwiw.....

C64 was great, if I wasn't so lazy I'd track down an emulator and play some Below the Root.

My first computer was a TRS-80 with a cassette tape player as the media device. There were a couple of decent games for it too.

Nice CV, haven't played that snce i was 5yrs old. man i sure do mis smurfs, venture and all those old school games, i might have to look on ebay for one and dive back into my childhood memories:)

i wish i didnt sell my nintendo 64, i want the flashbacks!!!!!. well im working on getting another one.

btw: will a nintendo 64 pal run ntsc or what ever the us games are called and the other way around?? or is there something else i can do to make it run the games but buying an american one.

Last edited:
You missed out on some good stuff.....

Amen!

I also had a TRS-80. What a joke compared to the current rigs out there.

I loved the old school consoles. I had a Cleco, an Intellivision, and a 2600. I even had a hand-me-down Odyssey from my Uncle. I still think the NES was my favorite console though. I remember saving money from my paper route to buy the NES and Zelda.

Good times.... :beer:

PS - 31 is not old! :rolleyes:

..dont have the console, still love playing the games.

mmmm ...Adventure on the Atari ...thats some 8bit goodness

i'm not old enough to have known the consoles in their prime but i do have several over 20 years old FYI NES is in the catigory for some of those people who posted earlier that say they werent old enough for some of the systems. not alot of people think about it but its 10 years old and hard to belive.

i have let see here,
Vic-20 w/ cassette reader (high capacity storage in the day)
3 Magnavox Odyssey stand along Pong style systems (before Magnavox Odyssey2)
Atari 2600 w/ Wireless controllers, 3 systems 1 6 switch Woody, 1 4 switch woody, 1 Darth Vader ~60 games
Sears Ver. Intellivision w/ Voice module ~10 games
NES (dur) ~120 games
Famicom (import dur) ~12 games inclusing disks
Twin Famicom, sharps Fami and Disk system in one unit console
Atari 5200 (is that 20 years old?) ~8 games

and if your wondering if i play them the awnser is yes, some more than others. Intellivision and 5200 dont get played so much along with the Famicom (since i have the twin) several of the above systems are boxed or complete but NOTHING i own over 20 years old is still sealed. i collect and repair and keep things in good condition but if theres something i get sealed its going to get opened sooner or later.

i also have stock piles of extra controlers and power supply and hook ups for these systems as well(some more than others obviously)

The oldest games I currently play are the full arcade boxes of Donkey Kong, Defender, and Crazy Climber that are in my parents basement. They never get old.

Oi, i remember playing the coecovision years ago, along with the 2600, AND the intellivision! whooo, those were the days!

And my dad owns a comic/card shop. years ago, he used to own a TON of stand up arcade machines. The back part of his shop was filled with them, for kids to play. I remember having the key to the thing, opening it up, and flicking the little lever ( when you insert a quarter, there's a small lever that the quarter hits, telling the machine to start the game, or give you extra lives..etc.. ) like a hundred times.

That, or open up the machine, and use the same quarter over and over and over.

Now, my dad only as like 1 of these things left. So me and my brothers would pull out the game board, and slide in a different one. Sadly, he only has like 3 game boards left...and the best one is a batman game...if that gives you any idea on the suckyness of the other two...

oh, and i have a TRS-80 put up in the garage right now! Still has cassette tapes, and all the wires needed to use it.

and WTF is with the "old" comment! hell, i'm only 23, and i'v played most of these systems. ( not all of them though, due to money reasons when they came out...could never afford one...like the Sega Master System for example )

Who else remembers the Sega Game Gear? ahhh, that thing beat the hell out of the gameboy ( hardware wise ). use of colors, BACK LIGHTING FOR GODS SAKE!! ( it took nintendo all the way up to the gameboy SP to include a damn backlight!!! ) Sadly...nintendo had all the good games. But for the love of god, i played the power rangers game sooooo much on the game gear! how i miss those days....

Now i'm in the mood to play "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2" on the NES...

Even better, why not play them!
http://www.consoleclassix.com/

I would like to point out that what that site is doing is 100% FRIGGIN WRONG!

Now, i'll be honest. I don't mind people playing ROMs of systems that have come and gone. honestly, the chances of one finding these games are about none. And that doesn't include the fact that they will also need the system!

but that site wants to charge money for "more games" to download. a load of Hore Sh*t if you ask me.

1 - they don't own the rights to those games. Thus, they can't charge money for them

2 - Again, i'll be honest. A simple google search will allow you to find almost ANY old console game to D/L for free.

As i said, I don't see a big problem with emulation of older consoles, where its damn near impossible to find the console, and good games. But just as long as its FREE. charging people is WRONG! You guys have no idea how mad this makes me.

Sure, there is nintendo's Virtual Console...but honestly...their game selection there isn't the greatest. But if the game you like does come out on the Virtual Console, i would rather have people get it from there.

sorry if mentioning Emulation and stuff will get this thread closed. I did not mean for it to. I just ask that you take that site off of your post. And, i'll be E-mail them, telling them i'm reporting them to nintendo, and sega. Then i'm going to head over to Nintendo and Sega, and report these jerks.

hopefully, their money making Scheme will get killed by nintendo Cease and desist orders.

The oldest working system I have is the Saturn, and I still play it occasionally. Every once in a while I'll sit down and play Zillion from the SMS all the way through, fun game. We had a TI-99/a when I was very young, and I remember the mountain climbing game, but can't recall anything older then that.

Back