• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So...pending the release of the Rev2 mobos for the 2XXX Threadrippers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

notarat

I'm hearing that all the major mobo mfgrs are going to release new revisions to their X399 line up to coincide with the release of the TR 2990X on the 13th.

I'm planning out a 2990X build and I don't wanna get stuck with a rev 1 board.

What's the best way to ensure, when ordering online, that the mobo you order is one of the rev2 boards?

Suggestions?

I would check the manufactures website for any new board revision then check Newegg to see if that MB is in stock.
Also, some Newegg listings do show the board revision.

Some boards have BIOS for 2k TR already listed and it was confirmed that all X399 mobos will support new CPUs. New motherboards will be for sure released but hard to say if there will be any improvements comparing to what we already have. Since X399 release nothing has changed on the market. There are no new controllers or any other devices that may need additional support.

Some boards have BIOS for 2k TR already listed and it was confirmed that all X399 mobos will support new CPUs. New motherboards will be for sure released but hard to say if there will be any improvements comparing to what we already have. Since X399 release nothing has changed on the market. There are no new controllers or any other devices that may need additional support.

Good to know.

This is info about my ASRock X399M Taichi board, BIOS was released a couple of days ago:
"Update AMD ThreadRipperPI-SP3r2 1.1.0.0 to support AMD upcoming processors"
CPUs are not on the list yet.

I don't think I will buy any of new TR even though they look like a nice toys. For me it would be only toys ... really expensive toys... as I don't do any work that requires more cores. I'm also not expecting any special improvements except a bit higher clock and more cores. I'm not really complaining at 12 [email protected] and RAM up to 3866 in quad channel :)

This is info about my ASRock X399M Taichi board, BIOS was released a couple of days ago:
"Update AMD ThreadRipperPI-SP3r2 1.1.0.0 to support AMD upcoming processors"
CPUs are not on the list yet.

I don't think I will buy any of new TR even though they look like a nice toys. For me it would be only toys ... really expensive toys... as I don't do any work that requires more cores. I'm also not expecting any special improvements except a bit higher clock and more cores. I'm not really complaining at 12 [email protected] and RAM up to 3866 in quad channel :)

How much ram on that x399?

Back