• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soldering Help! I need to fix my Dell Monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GoldenEye8686

Hi guys! I'm new here, basically I need to work out where there is a defective solder point on the board of my Dell ST2320Lf LCD Monitor.

After doing some research, I worked out the Dell Monitor's 'White screen of death' is most likely a solder problem from overheating, etc.

Can you guys help me out? I have uploaded two 14 Megapixel images for your convenience. What do you think?:confused: Thanks in advance!!

The right board seems to look like it may have a defect
e8oobl.jpg

This is the left board, looks ok?
LeftBoardST2320Lf.jpg

:comp:

I'm assuming the top left of the first picture could be the problem. that joint middle solder seems to have a tiny dip in it. Also I don't know if perhaps it shouldn't even be joined to those two since the others below them are all seperate points?

OMG! I DONE IT! CLSOE THREAD OMG! that point i said, I simply added more solder and its working ! WAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Back